ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MODS ADVICE PLEASE APPEAL CASE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

searching

MODS ADVICE PLEASE APPEAL CASE

Post by searching » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:31 pm

visa applied in nov 09
rejected in feb 2010
appealed in feb 2010
appeal still with abu dhabi its been over 9 weeks now.
family visitor visa for 6 months.

visa rejected because i did not mention my criminal record on my application form.320 7a
now in my appeal i have argued that if i am not allowed a visa than ill never be able to see my daughter again who is 6. my mother is not being helpfull at all.
the criminal record was driving without insurance and tax and mot. got fined for that.
so can any one advice me what my chances are please.
i know i have made a mistake but is my mistake big and serious enough to keep me away from my daughter.please advice me

searching

hi

Post by searching » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:37 pm

i know this forum has helped allot of people so please to all the expert ppl here i really need your help please

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:53 am

So in your appeal... Did you address the reason why you did not mention your criminal record on your application? Or did you just 'argue that the refusing you a visa would prevent you from ever seeing your daughter again'?
If you did not address the former, then I'm afraid it will fail... again.

searching

hi

Post by searching » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:58 am

yes i have send the emails from the baby mother her being abusive and demanding allot of money which put me under allot of stress and than me requesting her to let me speak to my daughter and i was going through depression at that time when i applied for the visa.
i dont know if its good enough or not but this is all i can say and it the honest reason aswell i never tried to deceive the immigration officer

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:58 am

So on the box on the form where it asked if you had any criminal convictions ... you just forgot to write anything?

searching

hi

Post by searching » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:03 am

thanks for replying bak
to be honest and may be blunt yes it was the case i did forget to mention that and i am not being cocky either.i know my driving offence is not the offence which carries a prison sentence and by me not disclosing it would make it a very big issue as it has now than why would any one wanna risk loosing his daughter over such a stupid mistake.so to ans ur question my answer would be shamefully yes i did made that mistake but not intentionally ....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by Rozen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 pm

searching wrote:thanks for replying bak
to be honest and may be blunt yes it was the case i did forget to mention that and i am not being cocky either.i know my driving offence is not the offence which carries a prison sentence and by me not disclosing it would make it a very big issue as it has now than why would any one wanna risk loosing his daughter over such a stupid mistake.so to ans ur question my answer would be shamefully yes i did made that mistake but not intentionally ....
The question remains... Did you address this issue (about 'forgetting' to note the criminal record) in your appeal? Or not? The fact that you will miss out on seeing your child is a 'by the way', as far as the appeal is concerned. You need to convincingly explain why you did not mention the criminal record in your initial application. That was the main reason for your refusal, and successfully turning that around is what will 'save' you, so to speak!

searching

hi

Post by searching » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:40 pm

thanks for replying bak
the truth is that in all the stress from the baby mother i did forget to mention it and if there is any advice u can give me how to have a good argument towards that would be helpful
i can get my doctors letter to show that i was taking anti depressants and was under allot of stress i am not very good at law so please can you help me a little bit please

searching

hii

Post by searching » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:42 pm

here is what i have send aswell

yes i have send the emails from the baby mother her being abusive and demanding allot of money which put me under allot of stress and than me requesting her to let me speak to my daughter and i was going through depression at that time when i applied for the visa.
i dont know if its good enough or not but this is all i can say and it the honest reason aswell i never tried to deceive the immigration officer

searching

hi

Post by searching » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:44 pm

i know it may sound stupid but i have told you a reason why i forgot to mention them can u suggest any stronger arguments for that 320 7a please

searching

HII

Post by searching » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:46 pm

THIS WAS MY SKELETON ARGUMENT

SKELETON ARGUMENT

1.Reasons for rejection under 320 (7a) of immigration rules.

While applying for the visa to UK Immigration,I had found myself in a lot stress due to the fact that i was unable to be with my daughter. During this time,i attempted to get in touch with her through all means.I had been pressurised by the baby mother,as she was demanding huge amounts of money through emails, which evidence had been provided with the previous documents.(her emails) This led on to me having depression, going to the doctors and having counselling sessions.Due to my mental depression i was unaware that the driving offence was vital for me to mention for this visa, which i sincerely apologise to.I hope this is taken into account and you can reconsider the reason i have given for not mentioning the offence,I will not jeopardise anything that will stop me from seeing my daughter.

2.Rejected under 41(1)(2)(6)(7) of immigration rules.

The documents ive provided are genuine, As i am employed as a business manager and if immigration officer was not satisfied than they could have contacted my employer and had the status of my employment confirmed but my employer was never contacted.So in my appeal i am providing a sworn statement from my employer stating the details of my employment

3.Rejected under 41(6) of immigration rules.

Yes i was earning Rupees 60,000 per month for the first 3 months.Than recieving a pay rise of Rupees 8000 making the total to Rupees 68,000 per month being paid into my bank account.Which can be confirmed from the bank statement provided with my visa application form.so i am also sending you my up-to-date bank statement which shows my wages being paid into my bank account on the first of every month.( unless the 1st dont fall on the weekend or a public holiday)
The other deposits in my bank account are from a sale of a car which was a gift from my family on my return to pakistan after almost 8 years.I've attached the photocopy of the cheque which was paid to the Suzuki car dealers for the purchase of the car in my mother's name, mrs Neelam Tariq.Along with a photocopy of the bankers draft payable to my mother, Mrs Neelam Tariq for the sale of that car.The money was transfered into my account after wards. The rest of the deposits are also gifts from distant family.

4.Rejection under 41(1)(2) of the immigration rules.

In my appeal, Ive provided my fathers tax returns of 2009 and my uncle's tax returns of 2008, who is my fathers business partner aswell.I've attached the property documents which is in my mother's name.I've also attached my attested and translated family tree.ive attached the land documents which is owned by me in Pakistan.I hope this evidence can prove my family ties,assets,social and economic ties in Pakistan.

Ending statement:
I was within my Visa status throughout the 8 years of my stay in United Kingdom(never over stayed).I was advised by Solicitors during the stay in UK to apply under access to a child resident in UK, but i respected the Law by coming back to Pakistan and re apply for a Visa.
I understand my driving offence that had not been mentioned led to my visa rejected under 320 (7a) and this will result in 10 years bann if re applied. (under 320 (7b).
I request my previous immigration history should be considered and that will prove my credibility for this visa appeal and my clear intentions.

The refusal of visa is unlawful because incompatible with the Convention right to respect for my family life guaranteed by sections 2, 3 and 6 of and article 8 in Schedule 1 to the Human Rights Act 1998. I believe this is a clear violation of my daughter's and my human rights under article 8 of E.C.H.R. By denying me the visa the respectable immigration officer has breached Article 13 of the European Convention of Human Rights. Article 13 of the ECHR says:

"Everyone whose rights and freedoms as set forth in this Convention are violated shall have an effective remedy before a national authority notwithstanding that the violation has been committed by persons acting in an official capacity."

My daughter is of multiple faith (muslim and hindu) and she was born without a legal marrage in place which has made it impossible for her to ever come to a country like Pakistan.And the realationship between me and the baby mother is not the type that she would be willing to allow my daughter to visit me in Pakistan.

And than on my future visa applications, i could face a bann for 10 years under 320(7b) of the immigration rules.Which means i will not be able to see my daughter for 10 years.I believe this very unfair to me and my daughter.
If i am not alloud a visa than i may never be able to see my daughter again.

I am unable to pursue my contact order proceedings from Pakistan.Thats why my court hearing which was due on the 5th of january 2010 was dismissed because i was unable to to attend,due to no visa. Which is a clear breach of article 6 of human rights of 1998.(right to a fair trial)

Respectable judge:
If, I have satisfied the respectable judge, by defending the decision made by the Immigration officer, giving the clear statements mentioned above, I would be a grateful father to see my little princess.

I plead for you not to let this offence effect my child’s present and future.Missing out on my child’s birthdays and a regular contact can disrupt the attachment which could impact on her well being.I would like to play an important role as a father in my child’s life,but it will not be possible if i am banned on all my futre visa application for 10 years if i apply again for a UK visa.

I request this matter should be looked at compassionately or on the grounds of the exemption provided for in 320(7C), On the grounds that i am obtaining the Entry Clearance inorder to proceed with legal action, which will enable access to a child Lawfully resident in the UK, and hence the consequence of a breach in 320 7A of immigration rules should be exempted on grounds of 320 7C of immigration rules.

I plead with the honourable Judge to grant me the visa so I can reunite with my daughter and be a supportive and loving father.

case ref: Huang v. Secretary of State for the Home Department.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Good Luck!

searching

hi

Post by searching » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:02 pm

thanks do u think ive a chance and sorry for being a pain

searching

hi all

Post by searching » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:06 pm

hi
thanks for all ur advice and support now i have another question if you guys dont mind giving me ur views please

ranged the uk embassy in abu dhabi today to inquire about my appeal that why is it taking so long for them to forward it to AIT in UK . and all the told me is that i should wait for there call which i should receive in few days or weeks so just wondering why would they wanna call me for now .just a bit confused now any one any ideas please

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:07 pm

It looks as though the ECM has reviewed your response and he his still sticking by the initial refusal, therefore he now has some 4 - 6 months to get papers to AIT, so that the whole appeal can be heard in person at an appeal hearing or for the adjudicator to make the deciison alone without you or your sponsor being present.

Appeals such as this can take 6 months before its heard at an hearing

searching

hii

Post by searching » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:12 pm

hii batley
thanks for ur reply bak
but i never send my appeal to ait and it never went to ait its been with abu dhabi ppl for last 10 weeks now and today they said that abu dhabi will call me in few days or a week or so thats what i was confused about.do they call u and let u know that they are sticking with there decision and will forward the appeal to ait or they just forward it without calling me

searching

hi

Post by searching » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:31 pm

thanks for ur reply bak
there is no exact wording becaz it was a telephone conversation first i spoke to a lady and she said i should wait for abudhabi s call and than i ranged them again after 15 minutes and the guy he said the same to me that i should wait for there call they will contact me in few days or so.
but what i have heard is that they dont contact u if they are to forward the appeal to ait i dont wanna get my hopes high incase i m wrong but please keep ur suggestion coming in and thanks

searching

hii

Post by searching » Mon May 03, 2010 5:12 am

its been 11 weeks and numerous emails and allot of phone calls have been made to abu dhabi embassy and still no idea whats has happen to my appeal.when ever i ring them all they say its being reviewed.can any one tell me does the review takes this long on there web sites some where it says review can take up to 28 days.....
i am getting very impatient now any one with any advice please.
and in these circumstances what shall i do to find out what is taking so long please....