ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enqiry about Post Study work visa to Tier 1 (General) switch

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sayantandas
Newly Registered

Enqiry about Post Study work visa to Tier 1 (General) switch

Post by sayantandas » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 am

I am currently under Tier 1(Post Study Work - issued on 31.03.2009) visa and I will be applying for my Tier 1(General) visa in June 2010. In regards to the changes that has come into effect from April 2010, I would like to know whether I am still eligible for the old points based calculation.
In the calculator there are two options and I am confused on whether I am switching my immigration category or extending my stay. As far as I can understand I am already a Tier1 visa(Post Study Work) holder and I should be selecting, extending to stay in UK. Can you kindly clarify my confusion and oblige.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:38 pm

You are switching your immigration Category from PSW to GHSW (General Highly Skilled Worker Visa)
If you score enough points based on the new rules you should be fine.
Check you score @
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

fisher

Post by fisher » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 pm

alimohmand wrote:You are switching your immigration Category from PSW to GHSW (General Highly Skilled Worker Visa)
If you score enough points based on the new rules you should be fine.
Check you score @
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
alimohmand - did you get your visa?

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:13 am

I am still waiting :( well I am hoping to hear by end of this week or probably next week.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 am

Tier 1 (PSW) is a fixed term visa (2 years) which cannot be extended.

Switch = changing immigration category from within the UK. In your case, it will be a switch from Tier 1 (PSW) to Tier 1 (General).

regards

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Enqiry about Post Study work visa to Tier 1 (General) sw

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

sayantandas wrote:I am currently under Tier 1(Post Study Work - issued on 31.03.2009) visa and I will be applying for my Tier 1(General) visa in June 2010. In regards to the changes that has come into effect from April 2010, I would like to know whether I am still eligible for the old points based calculation.
In the calculator there are two options and I am confused on whether I am switching my immigration category or extending my stay. As far as I can understand I am already a Tier1 visa(Post Study Work) holder and I should be selecting, extending to stay in UK. Can you kindly clarify my confusion and oblige.
New rules will apply to u as ur switching not extending.