ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Axing the Long Residence (10-Years) Category for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DEVONIAN

Axing the Long Residence (10-Years) Category for ILR

Post by DEVONIAN » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:53 pm

I do have a worry that if labour fails to win this election, immigration rules might change, and the 10 year Long Residence as a basis for obtaining ILR might change, and anyone caught in the middle may not be granted the ILR. Am I just fretting needlessly, or there are good reasons to fret on this while 'am awaiting a decision of an application for ILR on the Basis of 10 Years Long Residence which I submitted only last week.
[/b]

joh118

Re: Axing the Long Residence (10-Years) Category for ILR

Post by joh118 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 pm

DEVONIAN wrote:I do have a worry that if labour fails to win this election, immigration rules might change, and the 10 year Long Residence as a basis for obtaining ILR might change, and anyone caught in the middle may not be granted the ILR. Am I just fretting needlessly, or there are good reasons to fret on this while 'am awaiting a decision of an application for ILR on the Basis of 10 Years Long Residence which I submitted only last week.
[/b]
if you've already submitted an application, it is highly UNLIKELY they will just refuse your application just because a new govt is in place.

However, if you have not yet made an application, there is a cause for slight worry to be had as when the new "Probationary Citizenship" takes place next year, it is unclear how the 10 year or the 14 year applications will fit in.