ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translated documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allovera
Newly Registered

Translated documents

Post by allovera » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:37 am

Hi there,

This is my first post, I've been reading lots of advice on this website and it's all been very helpful so far.

I'm British and my husband is South Korean, we are now living here in Korea and have been together for 8 years (married for 2). Just a bit of background.. anyway.. we have a few legal documents that are in Korean which we will translate ourselves and get certified by a lawyer as these are very important.

My question is about emails that we have sent to each other in Korean and Spanish, I have already translated all of these, but do I need to get them certified too?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us..

batleykhan

Re: Translated documents

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:33 pm

allovera wrote:Hi there,

This is my first post, I've been reading lots of advice on this website and it's all been very helpful so far.

I'm British and my husband is South Korean, we are now living here in Korea and have been together for 8 years (married for 2). Just a bit of background.. anyway.. we have a few legal documents that are in Korean which we will translate ourselves and get certified by a lawyer as these are very important.

My question is about emails that we have sent to each other in Korean and Spanish, I have already translated all of these, but do I need to get them certified too?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us..
First of all you yourself can not translate any of your document. Secondly no person will certify it for you if he himself has not translated it.

You need to get a qualified interrpreter and trnslator to translate your document into english and then certify them for you in by adding his signature to the documents.

Your emails can be trnslated by yourself but they do not need to be certified.