ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of accommodation at Port of Entry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moving to uk

Proof of accommodation at Port of Entry

Post by moving to uk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi

We will be traveling to the UK on May 20th and will be staying at my cousin's place for 2 months. My cousin will be in India with his family during this period so we decided to move into his apartment. In this regard I have a few questions:

1. Will I be asked to furnish a proof of accommodation at the Port of entry?

2. If I mention his address in the landing card, would I need to get a letter from my cousin stating that he has no issues. If I dont have such a letter will this create issues at the Port of Entry?

3. Instead if I book a hotel for a day or so and explain to the immigration officer that I intend to move into a vacation rental (and not mention my arrangement with my cousin) in a day or so, will this satisfy the immigration officer?

Thanks.

vks

Re: Proof of accommodation at Port of Entry

Post by vks » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:08 pm

moving to uk wrote:Hi

We will be traveling to the UK on May 20th and will be staying at my cousin's place for 2 months. My cousin will be in India with his family during this period so we decided to move into his apartment. In this regard I have a few questions:

2. If I mention his address in the landing card, would I need to get a letter from my cousin stating that he has no issues. If I dont have such a letter will this create issues at the Port of Entry?

3. Instead if I book a hotel for a day or so and explain to the immigration officer that I intend to move into a vacation rental (and not mention my arrangement with my cousin) in a day or so, will this satisfy the immigration officer?

Thanks.
MAA6 Accommodation: general requirements

MAA14 Overcrowding
Regards,
vks

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:24 pm

[quote="vks"][quote="moving to uk"]Hi

Thanks.[/quote]

[url=http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation]MAA6 Accommodation: general requirements[/url]

[url=http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation]MAA14 Overcrowding[/url][/quote]

I have read those guidelines but my question was not on those general guidelines but rather specific.
* Will a letter be required from my cousin if I tell the immigration officer that I intend to stay there for 2-3 days?
* Instead, if I book 2-3 days in a hotel and explain to the immigration officer that I plan to search and move into a rental in those 2-3 days, will that be sufficient?

Thanks.

vks

Post by vks » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:33 pm

moving to uk wrote:
vks wrote:
moving to uk wrote:Hi

Thanks.
MAA6 Accommodation: general requirements

MAA14 Overcrowding
I have read those guidelines but my question was not on those general guidelines but rather specific.
* Will a letter be required from my cousin if I tell the immigration officer that I intend to stay there for 2-3 days?
* Instead, if I book 2-3 days in a hotel and explain to the immigration officer that I plan to search and move into a rental in those 2-3 days, will that be sufficient?

Thanks.
If, in case, you plan to stay at your cousin's place, you may need to provide a No Objection letter from the land lord (in your case, if your cousin owns the apartment, then you should get the NOC from him)

If the above proof can't be obtained then the second option of booking a hotel would do!

What you are supposed to prove to the Immigration office is that you would look for council houses or use public funds!
Regards,
vks

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:00 pm

[quote="vks"][quote="moving to uk"][quote="vks"][quote="moving to uk"]Hi

Thanks.[/quote]

[url=http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation]MAA6 Accommodation: general requirements[/url]

[url=http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation]MAA14 Overcrowding[/url][/quote]

Thanks.[/quote]

[color=brown]If, in case, you plan to stay at your cousin's place, you may need to provide a No Objection letter from the land lord (in your case, if your cousin owns the apartment, then you should get the NOC from him)

If the above proof can't be obtained then the second option of booking a hotel would do!

What you are supposed to prove to the Immigration office is that you would look for council houses or use public funds![/color][/quote]

Thanks vks

I understand your point. The idea is to convince the immigration official beyond reasonable doubt that we will NOT be a public charge.

So I was wondering if I book a hotel room for 3 days and then plan to see where to move (either to my cousin's place or to a shared accommodation) will that be enough or do I need to prove where would I stay for the next 3 months.

Thanks.

vks

Post by vks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 am

Seems to be a plan!
Regards,
vks

kju

Post by kju » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:06 am

Hello, I have a friend where I can stay for a couple of weeks (whatever is reasonable) until i find some accommodation... He is the owner of the flat and its big enough etc.

Anyway, does anyone have a sample letter (I remember I saw it somewhere on this forum, but can't find it now!) of what this "proof of accommodation" should look like???

Is that the "NOC" that you mentioned above?

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 pm

[quote="kju"]Hello, I have a friend where I can stay for a couple of weeks (whatever is reasonable) until i find some accommodation... He is the owner of the flat and its big enough etc.

Anyway, does anyone have a sample letter (I remember I saw it somewhere on this forum, but can't find it now!) of what this "proof of accommodation" should look like???

Is that the "NOC" that you mentioned above?[/quote]

Yes, if you plan to stay at someone's place you would have to obtain an NOC.

kju

Post by kju » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:50 pm

ok thanks.
can you please help me where can i find more information about NOC?
i don't know what it is...

thanks!

moving to uk

NOC format

Post by moving to uk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:57 am

[quote="kju"]ok thanks.
can you please help me where can i find more information about NOC?
i don't know what it is...

thanks![/quote]

Pls search the forums, I remember seeings messages on NOC. Usually it is granted by the landlord if you ask for one.

kju

Post by kju » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 am

i searched the forum.. all i found is this:

---
Invitation/Accomodation Letter

Sub: Personal Invite to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX â€