ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I qualify for Indefinte Leave to Remain now. Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aluki
Newly Registered

Do I qualify for Indefinte Leave to Remain now. Please help

Post by aluki » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:53 pm

I came into the United Kingdom in March 06 with HSMP Visa approved February same year. I did not apply for extension of my visa, but switched to Work Permit Visa in February 07 in line with the transition arrangement in place following the November 2006 HSMP changes(as I was in a skilled job then). I remained on the Work Permit Visa from February 07 until July 2009 and switched back to HSMP in July 2009 after a successful application to in line with the ground breaking judicial review of July 08 by HSMP Forum. I have continued to remain the country under this HSMP visa till date.

At the moment, I have spent over 4 years in the United Kingdom in a combination HSMP-WP-HSMP. I have travelled out of UK ony for about 3 weeks since 2006.

Do I qualify to apply for ILR at this point or need to wait for 5 years?

Thank you.

Member of Standing

Re: Do I qualify for Indefinte Leave to Remain now. Please h

Post by 1664 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:42 pm

you qualify for the ILR..

Good Luck.