ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Skilled worker claiming points query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

searchers
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Skilled worker claiming points query

Post by searchers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi,

Under section 4 of the Tier2 application, I come under the category "Has current leave on a work permit or in Tier 2 and is making an extension application doing the same job for the same sponsor and having a certificate of sponsorship and is not applying under the transitional arrangements. 50 points"

I remember from the previous application that this was 30 points. I am alright with Qulification, funds & English test. My current salaly falls under the band £20,000 - £23,999.99; which is 10 points. My total adds up to 45 as opposed to the required 50 points.

Would appreciate if you could let me know if I'm understanding this correctly? Also if there is any solution?

Thanks in advance.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:49 pm

your query is really complicated to follow!

why not give us the breakdown of points you are claiming and that would clear things up.

old rules should apply to you if your "initial tier 2 app" was made before 6 april 2010

regards

searchers
Newly Registered

Post by searchers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Arsenal,

Thanks for the response.

I have not made the leave to remain extension application as yet as my visa expires in August. I will be making the application next month.

My previous work permit was before 27th Nov 2008, when the old work permit rule still applied. So I've never applied using the point based system. My employer has obtained a sponsorship license for extending my work permit application.

Points Breakdown:
15 points for Education as I have a Master's degree
10 Points for earning
10 points for Funds
10 points for English Language

Total: 45 points/50 points required

I hope this is useful. Let me know if you need any further info.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Serchers,

you are gettinng it all wrong. you should be scoring 70 points in total. 50 in the main section and 20 in funds maintanance and english language Req.

and i guess you are ok and have enough points, please see folowing

Main Section

Education(Masters Degree) - 15
Earnings(20k to 23,999k) - 10
Certificate of Sponsorship - 30
-------------------------------------
Total Points - 55
-------------------------------------

funds maintanance and english language Req.

English language Req - 10
Funs Maintanance - 10
-----------------------------
total - 20

so you have 75 points in total and you qualify for Tier-2 application.

but you need to make sure your employer is following the correct Code Of Practice and find out if you will need Resident Labour Market Test dont ignore these two things!! and good luck with you Application.

aiaq
Newly Registered

need help.not sure if current salary shud meet CoP

Post by aiaq » Mon May 03, 2010 12:42 pm

I am switiching from a PSW visa to tier 2 (general) and have been working with my employer for over a year,since late 2008.

As per my understanding, you need to score 50 points to qualify for this visa. And this is made up of the Certificate of Sponsorship from my employer, my Masters degree from England, fluency in english ,the last six months payslips, falling into a specific salary band and having the last three months’ required funds in my bank account.

What I wanted to know was: I started earning £20K three months ago, yet the application asks to state the 'prospective earnings'. So do I need to write down what my prospective earning, according to the sponsor, would be, which is around £27,000, or what I am currently earning? Under the code of practice, the section i fall under also shows a minimum earning. So my query really is, does prospective earning refer to what I will earn, which should also fall under the criteria given in the Code of Practie...or what I am currently earning?

I am very confused about this point and at my wits end trying to understand this criteria

Simply put, 'Does my current earnings or my prospective earnings need to fall under the SOC code?' because my prospective earnings fall under the SOC code issued.

Also in the statement of policy you will see from point number 31. onwards which applies to tier 2, in the link i have provided, my confusion also arises with what the mention about those who hold a master's degree in point 35...:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -of-policy

There is just confusion arising from the small details yet they are crucial so as to avoid mistakes in filling the application.Please do refer to my previous letter.

Regards

A.I.A

searchers
Newly Registered

Post by searchers » Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks Arjun for making it clear.