ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some advice please!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bryan_patience
Newly Registered

Some advice please!

Post by bryan_patience » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi everyone,
My wife is on a psw visa which she got on august 2009 and valid till august 2011.I am on a student visa which will expire soon and i want to become a dependant on her. I just wanted to know if this is possible and has anyone applied for dependant on psw inside the uk, as i consulted a lawyer who told me it was not advisable to apply here in the uk and that i should go back to my home country and make the application there.

Many thanks in advance....

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:58 pm

prospective dependent applicants, in general, needs to apply from out of country so that their biometric details can be taken.

there is no provision to switch into dependent category via in-country application as far as i know.

dont let this dishearten you though because i am not an authority on the subject and its just my understanding. wait for other replies too

regards

bryan_patience
Newly Registered

Post by bryan_patience » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks arsenal49 for your advice.