ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with ILR application timeline

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

docpgkt
Newly Registered

Need help with ILR application timeline

Post by docpgkt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:51 am

I started my work in UK on a WP as a doctor(non training cadre) in July 2005.Then switched to Postgraduate Training VISA(PTAL) when I got my training job as a doctor in Feb 2006 until Jan 2007.HSMP approval letter Nov 2006 although I stamped it in Jan 2007 for 2 years.
I then changed it to Tier 1(General Migrant) in Jan 2009 stamped for 3 years till Jan 2012.
So I have
July 05- Jan 06 WP
Feb 06- Jan 07 PTAL Visa(not eligible for settlement)
Jan 07- Jan 09 HSMP
Jan 09- Jan 12 Tier 1.

My query is
Can I add my 6 months WP and apply for ILR in Aug 2011..The problem is I dont have 5 years continuous elegible visa as it is interrupted by PTAL.
Second thing I am shortening my name and applying for a new passport.Do I need to apply for TOC and get a new visa stamped from Home office even If I am ready to carry my old passport during travel.
And will shortening my name effect my tier 1 status?

Kindly answer these questions.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:46 am

1. Your ILR clock started in Jan 2007 when your HSMP leave to remain was stamped (assuming you applied for FLR from within UK). Your 5 year qualifying period will complete in Jan 2012.

2. You cannot add the time spent on WP to your residential qualifying period.

3. I believe you will have to get a new LTR in your new name (in the new passport). Check with UKBA directly how this can be done and what documents you would need to submit.

regards

docpgkt
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by docpgkt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 pm

I was hoping if I could add the WP to my ILR.
I have contacted the HO and they mentioned I need to apply for National ID card and they will issue me a new one instead of the vignette VISA stamp in my new passport.