ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Successful!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ozgrant

Application Successful!

Post by ozgrant » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

Thankyou to everyone on this board for answering my questions and for the wealth of information contained therein. I applied in person for Tier 1 (with 1 dependent) at the PEO Sheffield yesterday, and I'm the proud owner of a shiny new sticker in my passport.

I arrived at 8.30, cleared security, got a ticket number from reception, paid the application fee at the cashier desk, had my form quickly looked at, then waited about an hour. The case worker then called me up (about 9.30) and said it would take about an hour to an hour and a half to look through the application. She advised me to go out for coffee and then come back.

The setup in the office was a little chaotic, not enough seating and very noisy. Some of the speakers were very loud so you could hear conversations between other applicants. In the end, the case worker didn't need to ask me any questions. I returned about 11.30, was told of the success, and then waited until about 12 for my passport.

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone else who is about to submit an application.

saisundeep

Re: Application Successful!

Post by saisundeep » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:38 pm

ozgrant wrote:Thankyou to everyone on this board for answering my questions and for the wealth of information contained therein. I applied in person for Tier 1 (with 1 dependent) at the PEO Sheffield yesterday, and I'm the proud owner of a shiny new sticker in my passport.

I arrived at 8.30, cleared security, got a ticket number from reception, paid the application fee at the cashier desk, had my form quickly looked at, then waited about an hour. The case worker then called me up (about 9.30) and said it would take about an hour to an hour and a half to look through the application. She advised me to go out for coffee and then come back.

The setup in the office was a little chaotic, not enough seating and very noisy. Some of the speakers were very loud so you could hear conversations between other applicants. In the end, the case worker didn't need to ask me any questions. I returned about 11.30, was told of the success, and then waited until about 12 for my passport.

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone else who is about to submit an application.
Congratulations!!! for your success, you are the lucky one :)
I am also going for PEO next month, could you please help me with procedure and share your experience briefly and also i have few questions to ask:
1. Do they ask for documents one by one or you just gave whole bunch to them?
2. For English Lang: My University is recognized in point based calculator but not having any letter from them still do i need to take letter or a NARIC certificate?
3. Any advice or tips you would like to give me based on your experience?

Many Thanks in advance
Sai

ozgrant

Post by ozgrant » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 pm

saisundeep wrote:
ozgrant wrote:Thankyou to everyone on this board for answering my questions and for the wealth of information contained therein. I applied in person for Tier 1 (with 1 dependent) at the PEO Sheffield yesterday, and I'm the proud owner of a shiny new sticker in my passport.

I am also going for PEO next month, could you please help me with procedure and share your experience briefly and also i have few questions to ask:
2. For English Lang: My University is recognized in point based calculator but not having any letter from them still do i need to take letter or a NARIC certificate?

Many Thanks in advance
Sai
The officer did a quick check of the application just looks to make sure you have attached photos, that you signed and dated the form and a few other quick checks. They then asked me for all my supporting evidence in one go. He didn't look at it at all, just put my application and supporting documents into a folder. He then sent me with that folder to the cashier, who kept the folder of docs. A case worker then called me back in about 20 minutes to say she would review the case, and call me if she had any questions (make sure you put your mobile number on your app form). I highlighted amounts I was claiming on my payslip, highlighted entries in my bank statements etc to make it as clear as possible. I was expecting her to ask for the evidence section by section, but you just have to submit it in one pile.

For the English language requirement, because I am a national of a majority english speaking country, I only needed my passport. I don't know about your situation.

Other tips: Arrive early (depending on your appointment time) as the place filled up quickly. Don't bring too many bags or luggage. If you pay with cash, have the exact amount, as they didn't have change.

Good luck!

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:07 pm

ozgrant wrote:
saisundeep wrote:

Many Thanks in advance
Sai
The officer did a quick check of the application just looks to make sure you have attached photos, that you signed and dated the form and a few other quick checks. They then asked me for all my supporting evidence in one go. He didn't look at it at all, just put my application and supporting documents into a folder. He then sent me with that folder to the cashier, who kept the folder of docs. A case worker then called me back in about 20 minutes to say she would review the case, and call me if she had any questions (make sure you put your mobile number on your app form). I highlighted amounts I was claiming on my payslip, highlighted entries in my bank statements etc to make it as clear as possible. I was expecting her to ask for the evidence section by section, but you just have to submit it in one pile.

For the English language requirement, because I am a national of a majority english speaking country, I only needed my passport. I don't know about your situation.

Other tips: Arrive early (depending on your appointment time) as the place filled up quickly. Don't bring too many bags or luggage. If you pay with cash, have the exact amount, as they didn't have change.

Good luck!
Many Thanks for your quick reply and tips. thanks again

Devanshi
Newly Registered

How long does it take to get appointment

Post by Devanshi » Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 am

Hi All,

How long does it take to get the appointment?

saisundeep

Re: How long does it take to get appointment

Post by saisundeep » Thu May 13, 2010 10:59 am

Devanshi wrote:Hi All,

How long does it take to get the appointment?
it really depends when dates are available, you can either ring them (exactly at 9.00am) or book it through online services, just keep looking for dates you will get one for sure.