ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OK if can't remember dates out of country for past 5 years?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

natalious13
Newly Registered

OK if can't remember dates out of country for past 5 years?

Post by natalious13 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Sorry one final question... what happens if you can't remember exact dates out of the country for the past 5 years? I travel a ton for work so my passport is stamp on top of stamp and unfortunately I only have email records from 2008 onwards.... Not sure what to do!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Request data via SAR( read sticky) from UKBA.
Or else jog your memory. I had to go through three passports to get all my data.
Best Regards

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:38 pm

gidoc wrote:Request data via SAR( read sticky) from UKBA.
Or else jog your memory. I had to go through three passports to get all my data.
Best Regards
I don't think that you will get information of all your date of entry into the UK via SAR. The SAR will give you the information of your first date of entry into the UK (Landing card). All I got in my SAR was the information of my application transaction (visa, work permit) with the HO and the lading card.

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

SAR file provides you with the information that HO definitely has about you. Actual records depend how much a person travels, whereto, etc, some gets it 300 pages long...

At least, SAR serves as a good starting point in "refreshing" the memory -- it is better try to restore the absences, as already suggested, as much as you can. It is good that you can track record your absences back to 2008. I read it somewhere (can't find it now) that HO advised case-workers to be "more tolerant" to the absences in the beginning of the qualifying period (pls, anyone got the link?). Finally, start a diary of your visits now!

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:39 pm

dimsav wrote:SAR file provides you with the information that HO definitely has about you. Actual records depend how much a person travels, whereto, etc, some gets it 300 pages long...

At least, SAR serves as a good starting point in "refreshing" the memory -- it is better try to restore the absences, as already suggested, as much as you can. It is good that you can track record your absences back to 2008. I read it somewhere (can't find it now) that HO advised case-workers to be "more tolerant" to the absences in the beginning of the qualifying period (pls, anyone got the link?). Finally, start a diary of your visits now!
@dimsav, I received my SAR last year, I received only HO documents and my first landing card. Is anything changed now? Do you get information of all your travel dates via SAR?

@natalious13, if nothing is changed in the SAR process, the SAR will be useful to find gap in your leave to remain visa. It will take more than 40 days to receive your SAR. I would advise you to find something else to find out your absences. It is my opinion based on my experience.

ksdhaliwal
Newly Registered

Post by ksdhaliwal » Tue May 04, 2010 11:41 am

Check Stamps on Your passport... This might help :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 04, 2010 2:38 pm

ksdhaliwal wrote:Check Stamps on Your passport... This might help :)
natalious13 wrote:I travel a ton for work so my passport is stamp on top of stamp and unfortunately I only have email records from 2008 onwards.... Not sure what to do!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed May 05, 2010 9:40 am

In a nutshell, you have to somehow work out your absences looking at your passport stamps. There is no other magic formula to get this info. As mentioned by others SAR will be of no use. SAR doesnt mention your entry and exist dates from UK. (apart from your first landing card probs)