ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switiching from Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) to Tier1 Gen

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saisundeep

Switiching from Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) to Tier1 Gen

Post by saisundeep » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi Folks,

Currently i am on Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) and switching to Tier1 General, i am consfused about the new rules which are applied from 6th April 2010, would they affect me i.e points calculations of previous earnings(they have increased the salary bracket), would I be considered under new rules or old rules?
Somebody told me as I am in UK and switching while remaining in UK i would be considered under old rules.
Please help me.

Thanks
Sundeep

fisher

Re: Switiching from Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) to Tier1

Post by fisher » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 pm

saisundeep wrote:Hi Folks,

Currently i am on Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) and switching to Tier1 General, i am consfused about the new rules which are applied from 6th April 2010, would they affect me i.e points calculations of previous earnings(they have increased the salary bracket), would I be considered under new rules or old rules?
Somebody told me as I am in UK and switching while remaining in UK i would be considered under old rules.
Please help me.

Thanks
Sundeep
you will be considered under new rules. old rules are only applicable for extension

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 pm

saisundeep wrote:Hi Folks,

Please help me.

Thanks
Sundeep
New rules apply for you.

The new points table will not apply to migrants who are in the UK in one of the following immigration categories:
•
Tier 1 (General), with leave granted before 6 April 2010
•
The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
•
Writers, Composers and Artists
•
Self-employed Lawyers

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -of-policy

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks, but still i can swtich from tier 2 to tier 1, if i am socring 75 points right?

fisher

Post by fisher » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:47 pm

saisundeep wrote:Thanks, but still i can swtich from tier 2 to tier 1, if i am socring 75 points right?
yes

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:45 pm

saisundeep wrote:Thanks, but still i can swtich from tier 2 to tier 1, if i am socring 75 points right?
Yes u can switch.

waiwai

Post by waiwai » Sat May 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Good to know... Is it needed to apply from home country or can be done from UK itself ?

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Sun May 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Yes you can. Can u pls post all ur questions in one post? Or u want to post one by one?