ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What next for PSW Dependant after 18 years?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jonate
Newly Registered

What next for PSW Dependant after 18 years?

Post by Jonate » Sat May 01, 2010 12:53 pm

My Dependant is my step Child, ( I am married to the father in UK for 7 years), and he is on my PSW Visa as my dependant, I brought him to stay with me when he is 17 years old. now he will be 18 years (adult) in 3 months.

1. Do I continue to apply for him as my dependant since he is my step child or he need his own separate Visa as adult?

2. If he need his own Visa, what will that be?, because presently, he is on public secondary school.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 02, 2010 10:06 am

When does your and your son's visa expire?

regards

Jonate
Newly Registered

Post by Jonate » Mon May 03, 2010 3:52 pm

sushdmehta wrote:When does your and your son's visa expire?

regards
My visa ends in Jan 2012 also my dependant and this time he will be 19years old.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Mon May 03, 2010 6:53 pm

You can still apply for him a dependant visa of a PBS migrant even if he is over 18, provided that he is still in a full time education, not independent and has not form his own independent family unit (I.e living with his own spouse/partner and/or children), and he has previously granted a visa as your PBS dependant. See policy guidance for PBS dependant under Children of point based system migrants. Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Given that Tier 1 (PSW) is a fix-term visa and cannot be extended, you will have to change your immigration status before expiry of your PSW visa to enable you to remain in the UK. Depending on which immigration category you change to, you may include your son as a dependent again.

regards