ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW or Tier-1 (G) ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waiwai

PSW or Tier-1 (G) ?

Post by waiwai » Sat May 01, 2010 9:42 pm

if I am on Tier-4 (students) visa in the UK, and I wish to work post study, should I go for Tier-1 PSW or Tier-1-general ?
I am eligible for Tier-1PSW.
But when calculating points for Tier-1-general, not having enough points because of the previous earnings, as in the last 12 months earnings will be 0 being a student. For earnings, will the 12 of immediate previous 15 months considered ? Or 12 months prior to joining the course ?

ukswus

Re: PSW or Tier-1 (G) ?

Post by ukswus » Sat May 01, 2010 10:30 pm

The rules changed last year. Students can no longer claim the earnings they made before their studies started. You can only claim whatever you earned during the prior 15 months period (only 12 months out of it).

waiwai wrote:if I am on Tier-4 (students) visa in the UK, and I wish to work post study, should I go for Tier-1 PSW or Tier-1-general ?
I am eligible for Tier-1PSW.
But when calculating points for Tier-1-general, not having enough points because of the previous earnings, as in the last 12 months earnings will be 0 being a student. For earnings, will the 12 of immediate previous 15 months considered ? Or 12 months prior to joining the course ?