ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa duration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seekit

Visit visa duration

Post by seekit » Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 am

Hi,

I need an advise please. I am going to invite my mother to UK for a visit. She did apply last year but her visa was rejected and then she didn't appeal because she was busy with some other stuff. Now I am planning to apply again this month. I am going to support her totally for her visit. Wanted to ask is it OK if we apply for multiple entry visa? For example 1 year or 2 year instead of 6 months? I am asking because she has never been to uk so are there any chances that she will be granted longer visa?

Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visit visa duration

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 03, 2010 11:55 am

seekit wrote:Hi,

I need an advise please. I am going to invite my mother to UK for a visit. She did apply last year but her visa was rejected and then she didn't appeal because she was busy with some other stuff. Now I am planning to apply again this month. I am going to support her totally for her visit. Wanted to ask is it OK if we apply for multiple entry visa? For example 1 year or 2 year instead of 6 months? I am asking because she has never been to uk so are there any chances that she will be granted longer visa?

Thank you
With a previous rejection i'd say it's pointless applying for the longer term visa.

All visit visas are multiple entry, and all are subject to the 6 month in every 12 guideline.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 03, 2010 12:08 pm

With no travel history to the UK, I don't believe BHC will issue a long term visit visa (1yr, 2yr, 5yr etc.) to your mother. no point in wasting money (long term visit visa costs are considerably higher than a 6 month visa).

regards

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon May 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Previous visa rejected and no UK immigration history? Start with a six month visa!
Be sure to mention the previous refusal, where asked.
Should she abide by the conditions of the six month visa (eg not working, overstaying, etc..), then it may be safe to ask for a long term one, later on.
As Wanderer mentions, even with a long term visa, she can only stay up to six months in every twelve!
Tha advantage of the long term visa, is that it removes one's need to apply for a new visa (and possibly increased fees), every time one wishes to travel.

seekit

Post by seekit » Mon May 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks you all for your replies. I'll go for 6 months visa then.