ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking Good for Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Looking Good for Ireland

Post by 9jeirean » Mon May 03, 2010 9:20 pm

I've never been so proud to be Irish, says Mr World as he scoops title

TOUGH luck girls, he's taken. Smooth, suave and sophisticated Kamal Ibrahim was back home in Limerick last night after his triumphant weekend during which he won the Mr World title in South Korea.

At a live televised event, Kamal (24) received the title over the weekend and returned home to celebrate with his family, partner and friends in Thomondgate on the northside of Limerick city yesterday.

The son of an Italian mother and Nigerian father, Kamal recalled the moment that he was declared the new Mr World.

"There were smiles and laughter and I tried to hold myself together as best I could," said Kamal.

"The only thing I remember feeling was an enormous sense of pride," he added.

"I have never been so happy and proud to be Irish, it was an amazing feeling. I won it for Limerick and Ireland."

Kamal walked away from the 17-day contest with a cash prize of $50,000 (€37,000) and the prospect of lucrative modelling contracts.

"It's not a beauty contest. 90pc of the competition is to do with character, personality and leadership qualities, but I was gobsmacked when they announced that I had won it," he said.

The bad news for the ladies is that Kamal has been going out with his girlfriend, Anneta Pawlus, for the last two years.

"She's an amazing person and we both live here in Limerick.

"She is originally from Poland and works with Ryanair," he said.

Today, Kamal will travel to the UK to be briefed on his future role as Mr World.

The young Limerick man began modelling with Celia Holman Lee's agency in the city.

Ms Holman said that she was absolutely thrilled for Kamal.

"He is a great worker and put enormous time and effort into this," the modelling agent said.

"He was in the gym preparing for this for months beforehand and he got his just rewards at the weekend," she added.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 16734.html

Check out the gorgeous Limerick dude here ======>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2BjpoJ_0yU

:wink: :wink: :wink:
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: Looking Good for Ireland

Post by IrishTom » Tue May 04, 2010 3:02 am

Looking good for Ireland me left one.

Irelands fooked on a level that you cannot imagine. Over 90% of Irish people see the recession as a wee blip, something that can be overturned. How, they dunno.

We will never see a 32 county Irish Republic. Thats a goner. We will never pay off our national debt. The government made 4 billion euro worth of cuts when they needed to make 23 billion euro worth of cuts.

Ireland, per capita, is in a worse situation than any other western nation.

As for the Limerick dude. He got it because he is an "ethnic". Same as the Rose of Tralee.

My advice to people with capital, is to get the hell out of this banana republic. I am thinking Czech Republic.

koded

Post by koded » Tue May 04, 2010 9:37 am

IrishTom wrote:

My advice to people with capital, is to get the hell out of this banana republic. I am thinking Czech Republic.
Those Per capita is just good theory judging a country. for me it is nothing practical. If move to a country because of their per capita then you will be making your worse mistake of life.
hmm!! Czech Republic! and what are all those Czech citizen doing in Ireland. Perhaps, they dont know their own backyard are full of Gold. I should start informing them of this secret. hehehehe
Man! you need to be optimistic. At the moment there are no country be it in western Nations that are singing a "good song" right now.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue May 04, 2010 10:58 am

RFLMAO. :lol: :lol:

When we are done with the whining and moaning, take time out to get to know the hottest Irish man on the globe here ======>

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/World ... 6186060.jp

http://www.clareherald.com/art-a-entert ... lcome.html

While some are stuck in the past, others are moving on. Come on Ireland :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 9jeirean on Wed May 05, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Tue May 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Is he a relative of yours or something? Actually, is it you?

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue May 04, 2010 5:17 pm

IrishTom wrote:Is he a relative of yours or something? Actually, is it you?
hes relative of mine and I look exactly like him
but didnt join the mr world.
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue May 04, 2010 5:54 pm

IrishTom wrote:Is he a relative of yours or something? Actually, is it you?
A look-alike. Am only better looking. Does that help? :wink: :lol: :lol:

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CheGuevara » Tue May 04, 2010 11:31 pm

IrishTom wrote:Looking good for Ireland me left one.

Irelands fooked on a level that you cannot imagine. Over 90% of Irish people see the recession as a wee blip, something that can be overturned. How, they dunno.

We will never see a 32 county Irish Republic. Thats a goner. We will never pay off our national debt. The government made 4 billion euro worth of cuts when they needed to make 23 billion euro worth of cuts.

As for the Limerick dude. He got it because he is an "ethnic". Same as the Rose of Tralee.

A bit harsh, Ireland would pull out of this. In times like these only the united come out smelling of roses and Ireland still have that in their favour. All that needs to go is the current incompetent and corrupt government.
Last edited by CheGuevara on Wed May 05, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed May 05, 2010 11:02 am

CheGuevara wrote:
IrishTom wrote:Looking good for Ireland me left one.

A bit harsh, Ireland would pull out of this. In times like these only the united come out roses and Ireland still have that in their favour. All that needs to go is the current incompetent and corrupt government.
I couldn't agree more. May I add a more efficient public service too. and yet I say come on Ireland! :wink:
Last edited by 9jeirean on Wed May 05, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed May 05, 2010 11:33 am

9jeirean wrote:and yet I say common Ireland! :wink:
In what way is Ireland common?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed May 05, 2010 11:43 am

Ben wrote:
9jeirean wrote:and yet I say common Ireland! :wink:
In what way is Ireland common?
You been cheeky?

'Come-on Ireland' I mean :lol:

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed May 05, 2010 11:47 am

9jeirean wrote:'Come-on Ireland' I mean :lol:
I see.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat May 08, 2010 2:03 am

koded wrote: Those Per capita is just good theory judging a country. for me it is nothing practical. If move to a country because of their per capita then you will be making your worse mistake of life.
I dont expect to become a millioniare in CZ, Koded. :)
koded wrote:hmm!! Czech Republic! and what are all those Czech citizen doing in Ireland. Perhaps, they dont know their own backyard are full of Gold. I should start informing them of this secret.
Czech Republics government are also very corrupt. The wages there are poor, when compared to Ireland. Its improving though, slowly but surely. It wouldnt bother me, what the government in CZ were up to, if I resided there. As it wasnt "my" country, if you get me.
koded wrote: hehehehe
Man! you need to be optimistic. At the moment there are no country be it in western Nations that are singing a "good song" right now.
I am well aware of that, Koded. Its not just Irelands financial woes. I am at the age were I want to settle down and have a family. In my opinion, Ireland is not the safest place to bring up children. Its become a very violent place. With social services and local support groups funding being slashed across the board, I think things will get even worse. Look at the suicide rates, the level of drug abuse, the anti social behaviour, I could go on and on.......

Granted, its not as bad as parts of the UK/USA/ etc, but its getting that way.

Id happily feck off to Spain, buy a bar by the beach and get some sun on my face, but the OH wants to move to CZ. I dont speak a word of the lingo, other than "pivo, prozim" but she wants to go there so who am I to argue. Wages are much less, but so is the cost of living. The standard of education is very high, I like the climate(snowy winters, balmy summers), plenty of job opportunities in my field(once I learn the lingo) and beautiful towns and cities. A low crime rate too, apart from when the local mafia blow the bollix off each other.

Id end up in the looney bin if I remain in this country much longer.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat May 08, 2010 2:06 am

9jeirean wrote:Check out the gorgeous Limerick dude here ======>

Have you asked this chap out yet, 9j? The worst he can say is no. :P

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat May 08, 2010 12:57 pm

IrishTom wrote:
9jeirean wrote:Check out the gorgeous Limerick dude here ======>

Have you asked this chap out yet, 9j? The worst he can say is no. :P
What do you know Tom? Dude is hooked, so am I. Much to the disappointment of many of the babes :wink: Tough to be a looker around here I tell ya :wink: