ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Check and Send' passport service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimbo_uk

'Check and Send' passport service

Post by jimbo_uk » Tue May 04, 2010 8:14 am

Hi,

My naturalisation is complete, and I am looking at applying for my first British Passport.

I am hoping I can use the "check and send" service. Does anyone know if the person who is applying for the passport must be the same person who takes the forms etc. into the Post Office? i.e. Would a friend be able to take the forms to the Post Office on my behalf? Or does it need to be 'in person'?

Thanks for any advice.

nyameye

Re: 'Check and Send' passport service

Post by nyameye » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:57 pm

jimbo_uk wrote:Hi,

My naturalisation is complete, and I am looking at applying for my first British Passport.

I am hoping I can use the "check and send" service. Does anyone know if the person who is applying for the passport must be the same person who takes the forms etc. into the Post Office? i.e. Would a friend be able to take the forms to the Post Office on my behalf? Or does it need to be 'in person'?

Thanks for any advice.
A friend can take it. I assume if you are there in person and there are any mistakes you can rectify it better!!

munisa

Post by munisa » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 pm

[/quote]

A friend can take it. I assume if you are there in person and there are any mistakes you can rectify it better!![/quote]

Does anyone know whether the passport referee just need to SIGN only on one photo , or also write I CERTIFY THAT I KNOW MR XYZ and sign on the back?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

jimbo_uk

Post by jimbo_uk » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:25 pm

My wife took it in, and I got my passport fine.

On the topic of 'Check and Send' - my son was born 2 weeks after I got my British citizenship (lucky timing, no registration needed). However when I applied for his passport - the clerk doing 'Check and Send' accidentally tour one of his photos in half! He meant to tear up another piece of paper, didn't realize his photos were under.

Thus the application was void. Some check and send!

Very hard getting good passport photos for babies. Oh well - accidents happen. Next time I will be very careful, and one thing over at a time!

Thanks for the advice people.

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 pm

jimbo_uk wrote:My wife took it in, and I got my passport fine.

On the topic of 'Check and Send' - my son was born 2 weeks after I got my British citizenship (lucky timing, no registration needed). However when I applied for his passport - the clerk doing 'Check and Send' accidentally tour one of his photos in half! He meant to tear up another piece of paper, didn't realize his photos were under.

Thus the application was void. Some check and send!

Very hard getting good passport photos for babies. Oh well - accidents happen. Next time I will be very careful, and one thing over at a time!

Thanks for the advice people.
Congrats on getting your passport.

Yes just be careful next time. Things like that always happen anyway!!

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:33 pm

munisa wrote:
A friend can take it. I assume if you are there in person and there are any mistakes you can rectify it better!![/quote]

Does anyone know whether the passport referee just need to SIGN only on one photo , or also write I CERTIFY THAT I KNOW MR XYZ and sign on the back?[/quote]

The referee must write .... I CERTIFY THAT I KNOW MR XYZ , sign it and date it aswell!!