ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinoth7007

Eligibility for ILR

Post by vinoth7007 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Dear all

I am posting to get some advice regarding my eligibility for ILR (under the HSMP judiciary review)

I applied for HSMP approval sometime around 3 rd april 2006. I think I posted my application before april 3rd april 2006 (probably 2 nd april) as I can see a cheque for that amount towards the fees was encashed on 4 th april. I have no way of proving that I posted before 3 rd april as I did not preserve the special delivery receipt (being stupid).

I am going to apply for SAR - but can you please help me answering the following queries please.

will my SAR give the date my application was posted.

What if they received on april 3 rd although I applied before april 3 rd. Will I still be eligible for ILR under the HSMP judiciary rule. Can I argue that the cheque was encashed on 4 th and hence I posted before 3 rd april?

Was there a change in application form before and after 3 rd april and if that is the case will I be eligible if I had filled the application form which existed prior to the 3 rd april.

If I am not eligible now I will be eligible in 2011, but did not want to risk change in rules to immigration.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Regards
VS

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 05, 2010 12:08 am

Submit SAR. You can ask for your initial HSMP application form - the copy will have the date stamped.

regards

vinoth7007

Post by vinoth7007 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:18 am

Many thanks sushdmehta. I think one other person was in the same position as me and I think gidoc helped him out by sending him a copy of application form. I am not sure of the outcome (found by doing some search)

I shall request the HSMP application form too - hopefullly that will answer my question.

MAny thanks for your prompt reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 05, 2010 12:26 am

sushdmehta wrote:Submit SAR. You can ask for your initial HSMP application form - the copy will have the date stamped.

regards
and also prove that you filled the old form (one prescribed until 2nd April 06).

regards