ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working in EU for UK Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maxiy

Post by maxiy » Wed May 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Last edited by maxiy on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kabuki
United States of America

Re: Working in EU for UK Spouse

Post by kabuki » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 pm

The website you have provides quite a bit of info, but you have to know where to look.

First, you must select "I want to come to the Netherlands"
Followed by the following:

For how long would you like to come to the Netherlands?
Longer than 3 months

Which nationality does the person have?
Great Britain (Nationality of the EU national)

What is the reason of your stay?
Select the reason of the EU national

From the sound of it, you will be working and not your EU spouse at the initial time of move, therefore your EU spouse will have to meet the following requirements unless a job offer is received before the EU application is submitted:
Economically non-active

As a European Union citizen, you are not active economically if you do not work and will be living on private means, or are retiring here, for instance. In that case you must meet the following conditions.
Conditions

* You have health insurance;
* You have enough money to prevent a situation in which you have to rely on public funds during your stay. Your means of existence will in any case be sufficient if you satisfy the income requirement.

If you do not have sufficient funds, you may also use the funds of your spouse or registered partner to demonstrate you have sufficient funds. You must demonstrate this with, for instance, a copy of a recent statement for a joint bank account, demonstrating the income.

In the event of a partner or a third party, you may submit an unconditional statement from that person stating that you have access to his income for the income requirement applicable to you.

Other examples are funds sufficient for the expected residence period or an entitlement to a monthly payment such as pension, insurance, etcetera.
They also provide a link to the standard amount needed to be considered self-sufficient:
http://www.ind.nl/en/algemeen/begrippen ... dragen.asp

maxiy

Post by maxiy » Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Last edited by maxiy on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Wed May 05, 2010 10:52 pm

If you are married to or if you are the (registered) partner of a citizens of the European Union you do not need to apply for an MVV. You can travel to the Netherlands together with your partner. This also applies to a number of other family members. For more information, please go to ‘Family member of a citizen of the European Union’.
Are you a family member or relative of a European Union citizen, and do you not have EU/EEA or Swiss nationality?

If this is the case, the registration certificate does not apply to you. You must apply for a residence document (proof of lawful residence). You may apply for a residence document with the municipality (Department of Civil Affairs or the municipal Aliens Affairs desk) by submitting the ‘Application for assessment under community law’ form, which can be downloaded here.
You should be able to enter the country and apply from there. It seems more straightforward than some of the other EU countries. I believe they will issue you with a 6 month stamp while they process your application. It seems they usually respond within 2 months, from what I've read other sites. You should be sure to have all your documents ready before you go just to be safe. Plus, it will allow you to submit your application quicker if everything is already at hand.

I would have another look at the website and possibly email them. I'd say they would be pretty helpful. Also, if there is a Dutch Embassy where you currently live, it might be worth paying them a visit or giving them a ring. Also, I believe the EU national is required to have been resident within the EU at some point in their life prior to the application.

I hope this helps. I'm actually currently looking into all of this as my Partner and I are looking to make the move there, too. Best of luck.

maxiy

Post by maxiy » Wed May 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Last edited by maxiy on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Wed May 05, 2010 11:54 pm

maxiy wrote:Dear kabuki,

Thank you again for all your information.

My partner have never been Into the UK/EU just when she was 1-3 years old
and then she left the UK.

As we don't have an Address in the UK before.

Do you think this should be a problem with our application.
It shouldn't, but I wouldn't really know. I'm not sure on the exact rules on this. Hopefully someone else can answer your questions, but I would think that should count.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Your EU citizen spouse has to have citizenship of an EU country. It does not matter if they do not like baked beans, have never seen a union jack, and was not raised watching CBBC. They do not have to even have visited the EU before. It is their citizenship which matters.

What is your citizenship? You may or may not need a visa...

maxiy

Post by maxiy » Wed May 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 12, 2010 4:27 pm

If you are traveling on an Egyption passport, then you do need a visa. It should be issued easily at the Dutch embassy and you should not pay any fee. You will need to provide your passport, your spouses passport, and your marriage certificate.

maxiy

Post by maxiy » Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 12, 2010 4:40 pm

You need to apply for a short term entry visa to get into Schengen.

Once in the EU, your EU spouse needs to be working or be self sufficient. You can then apply for a "Residence Card for the family member of an EU citizen". It is not a visa.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Wed May 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Also, health insurance is mandatory for all who are resident in the Netherlands. You need Statutory Basic Healthcare Insurance for which you need a Citizens Service Number. Your British partner will be able to obtain a Citizens Service Number immediately. He should do this and obtain Statutory Basic Healthcare Insurance before you submit your EU application. The cheapest for a single person is about €90/month. You will have to temporary insurance for the application, but you may not be able to get the Statutory Basic Healthcare Insurance until you have your residence permit as it's required to obtain a Citizens Service Number. If you're current health insurance covers you overseas, it may be all you need until your residence permit is issued, but you'll have to check to see if it qualifies.

If I'm wrong on this, please correct me. This is the information I have obtained so far in regards to the move.

maxiy

Post by maxiy » Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 pm