ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to India on emergency after my Visa expires

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sathishuk
Newly Registered

Travel to India on emergency after my Visa expires

Post by sathishuk » Wed May 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi Friends,
I am currently working in UK and my Visa is expired today but I sent all the documents to UK home office last week. I believe that processing time may take from 4-14 weeks after I submitted my documents.

Also I understand that even after my Visa expires and while the documents are with UK Home office, I can remain and work in the UK. But my question is, will I be able to travel to India in case of emergency during this time(After my visa expires and docs are with home office)?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 05, 2010 11:16 pm

How can you? without the passport?

regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed May 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Unfortunately you cannot travel as you passport is with HO... n if you withdrawal ur application to go u can not return back

sathishuk
Newly Registered

Post by sathishuk » Wed May 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Yes obviously we cant travel without the passport..
And even if we withdraw the application from HO, we can get the passport back but only with expired visa on it..correct?
In that case, are there any other options to travel? (like using emergency travel docs..etc..)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 06, 2010 10:53 am

When you withdraw your application to get your passport back (and your visa has expired), then you travel outside the UK .... for good ... as you become an illegal alien in this country. No need for emergency travel documents in this case as the passport is back with you! :wink:

Emergency travel documents are issued by the embassy and reasons of issuing emergency travel documents (e.g. - loss of passport) may differ from country to country depending on the law(s) of the country. So, best to check with your embassy.

regards

sathishuk
Newly Registered

Post by sathishuk » Thu May 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks Moderator.

This is the answer I have been searching for! :D