ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katkouta
Newly Registered

Overstayer FLR (M)

Post by katkouta » Thu May 06, 2010 4:00 am

Hi everyone ,

I came to the uk in 2007 with a visitor visa which I overstayed , I met my partner who became my husband ( british) after COA in july 09 , we have a child together.
I applied for FLR(M) under article 8 in march 10 and done my biometrics in April. I am just wondering if anyone that made the same application under the same circumstances , how long did it take to process the application and get back with a positive response?

ajmal

Re: Overstayer FLR (M)

Post by ajmal » Thu May 06, 2010 11:43 am

katkouta wrote:Hi everyone ,

I came to the uk in 2007 with a visitor visa which I overstayed , I met my partner who became my husband ( british) after COA in july 09 , we have a child together.
I applied for FLR(M) under article 8 in march 10 and done my biometrics in April. I am just wondering if anyone that made the same application under the same circumstances , how long did it take to process the application and get back with a positive response?

If you overstayed your visit visa and later married here then you have to go back and apply from Country of origin for settlement visa

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Overstayer FLR (M)

Post by ElenaW » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

katkouta wrote:Hi everyone ,

A long long time, much longer than applying from your home country.
I tell it like it is.

katkouta
Newly Registered

Post by katkouta » Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 pm

I know that I have to apply from my home country , for financial and person al reasons I applied from here outside the immigration rules under article 8 of ECHR. I am just wondering if someone that applied from here under the same circumstances how long did it take him/her to get an approval.
By the way as i said I already applied back in March and had my biometrics done in April.

kennieg
Newly Registered

Post by kennieg » Thu May 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Well, i was in a similar situation back in 2006, when I overstayed on a students visa and then got married to my husband, a british citizen. I also made an application on FLR M -article 8, I was granted a 3yr discretionary leave to remain but it took 2yrs 3months to get a reponse from the HO, even with the active intervention of my solicitor and MP.

So it might be a long wait I'm afraid!!!

I hope all works out well for you and u wont have to wait that long

katkouta
Newly Registered

Post by katkouta » Thu May 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Thank's for your reply. I really appreciate.