ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW extensions - reasons?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jjloubser
Newly Registered

PSW extensions - reasons?

Post by jjloubser » Thu May 06, 2010 1:38 pm

I am from South Africa and will be coming over to the UK with my wife in Sept 2010 - I will be doing a Masters at the University of Stirling, Scotland.

I have been following this blog for some time & have seen numerous posts for people who need to have their student visa extended whilst waiting for their PSW visa. I was under the inpression that your student visa is valid for the duration of your studies (12 months in my case) PLUS a further 3 months. Is this not sufficient time to get your PSW visa sorted out.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:55 pm

uni might need to take extra months to assess your thesis(after submission) and after that it must wait until the board meeting to award you a degree. if that happens to take you beyond 4 months window then your visa would have expired, hence the complication!

you need to make sure that you have a piece of paper in your hand saying that you have been awarded degree within 4 months aftr your course has finished and you will be alright

regards