ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company merger

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

timefactor
Member of Standing

Company merger

Post by timefactor » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:50 pm

Apologies if repetitive qs

I work in a limited company, which is a part of new media / finance group PLC. I'm on workpermit and WP issued by this PLC

This group is in the process of merging with another major group.

How does this affect my WP status? Do i have to obtain another WP or just let Home office know this?

Thanks in advance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:05 pm

OK a merger, but is your employer going to change?

If company A merges with Company B there are a number of ways to achieve that. For example, a merger could be achieved by formation of "AB Group" which then acquires all the shares in Company A and Company B, but that in itself would not change the employer of those working for Company A nor those working for Company B.

So more facts needed .... and have they specifically told you that your employing company is going to change?
John

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:14 pm

Timefactor,

As advised by John, you need to specify more details about the purported merger.

A new work permit is only required if your employer changes. Have there been any TUPE consultations, have you been advised that your employment contract will be with XYZ Limited instead of ABC Limited in which case a new work permit will be required.

In other words, please post more details about the structure of the merger.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:36 pm

Thanks for quick replies john and smith

Current circumstances

I work in company A -> In workpermit it is stated that i work for this PLC under this (assume Aa, a limited company) address.

All staff, shares, assets and current projects merged to company B, but all child company names, staff remain same (in this case, Aa)

Hope you can shed some light

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:12 pm

Timefactor, it sounds as if your actual employer has not changed ... well not yet. And certainly you would need to be told if your employing company is going to change.

Also be aware of the difference between :-
  1. your employing company, Company A Ltd, merely changing its name to Company A+B Ltd
  2. Company A Ltd ceasing to be your employer and you being transferred to another group company, say, Company ABC Ltd
In (a) I think nothing to do except merely tell the Works Permit office of that change of name. In (b) your employer has changed and I suspect that the new employer would need to get a new WP for you.
John

tvt

Post by tvt » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:37 pm

This looks like a technical change of your WP. No need to submit a new application. Look at www.workingintheuk.gov.uk search for technical change of employment.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:40 pm

Thanks for the expert advices

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... abuse.html

-- got answer from here

I guess, i'll come back with another issue

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:59 am

It took 8 months for HO to come back to us on this!!!

got the letter confirming that it's a technical change in employment with attached authorisation letter

:D

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:04 pm

8 months.... , cant beleive that, surely there would not be so much of traffic for this type of request that it took so long....

timefactor, Thanks for the update anyways.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith