ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

funds query really confused

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

voiletlemur
Newly Registered

funds query really confused

Post by voiletlemur » Sat May 08, 2010 1:50 pm

MY husband got an extension on his student visa to get the results for his dissertation that he had submitted. He had managed to pass and has been awarded his masters degree. The thing is that the home office extended our applications for 3 months, the visas expire on the 29th of july. Since we were notified by the Uk border agency with only 2 months more leave to stay. We are sturggling to meet the requirements for have sufficient funds in the account for 90 days(can show for about 2 and half month). We have got ns&i bonds for over an year , can they be used to show the funds. What will be the best time for us to apply for PSW? please advise

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: funds query really confused

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 08, 2010 5:35 pm

voiletlemur wrote: What will be the best time for us to apply for PSW? please advise
After holding maintenance funds for 3 months.

regards

voiletlemur
Newly Registered

Post by voiletlemur » Sat May 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Thanx for the reply, u c i will just be a week short of 90 days on my maintence when my visa expries. So wont i be out out of status if i wait for the whole 90 days and then apply for psw.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 09, 2010 12:34 am

Simple! If your current leave expires before you can apply, go back to home country and apply there.

regards

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: funds query really confused

Post by potterbond007 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:48 am

voiletlemur wrote:Since we were notified by the Uk border agency with only 2 months more leave to stay.
This is your fault since the requirements for PSW is not a centuries old secret that has been guarded by dragons and demons through the ages. You should keep yourself updated about the rule changes and the requirements for obtaining a Visa like everybody does.
voiletlemur wrote:We have got ns&i bonds for over an year , can they be used to
bonds are not considered a valid way in which to show your maintenance funds. You could try though but there is indeed a high chance of rejection. I would suggect that u go back to your home country before your visa expires and apply from there. Start maintaining more than 2800 pounds for the primary applicant and extra funds for the dependent in your account from today.

ami79
Newly Registered

Post by ami79 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:00 am

leave Uk and apply from ur home counry...it is the best option