ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Breach of Peace-Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raajnarang
Newly Registered

Breach of Peace-Naturalisation

Post by raajnarang » Sun May 09, 2010 12:23 am

I was arrested for Breach of peace and later I was given Bindover for 12 Months.

I was told, It is not a criminal conviction. Do I still need to declare it on the AN form.

This incident happened on 11th April.

krimith

Re: Breach of Peace-Naturalisation

Post by krimith » Sun May 09, 2010 1:41 am

raajnarang wrote:I was arrested for Breach of peace and later I was given Bindover for 12 Months.

I was told, It is not a criminal conviction. Do I still need to declare it on the AN form.

This incident happened on 11th April.
yes you have to declare bec they arrested you i know thats not criminal conviction but minor criminal case thats why u have to mention in form

raajnarang
Newly Registered

Post by raajnarang » Sun May 09, 2010 5:10 am

Hi. Thanks. Do I need to tick a box where it says do I have criminal conviction on form. If know which section should I declare it. How bad this incident is for my application.

krimith

Post by krimith » Sun May 09, 2010 12:55 pm

raajnarang wrote:Hi. Thanks. Do I need to tick a box where it says do I have criminal conviction on form. If know which section should I declare it. How bad this incident is for my application.
you have to tick criminal conviction box yes then write down what conviction,country etc thats it i think its not big affect your application but some case they using discrention if everything ok your application then may be they approved bec u declare your self and one thing home office always belive honesty is good policy anyway good luck if your application approved just let other people know in this thread so help for them

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 pm

A bind over is not a criminal conviction and you are not obliged to mention it.

raajnarang
Newly Registered

Post by raajnarang » Sun May 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. But I was told my the solicitor it is not a criminal conviction. It is a civil case. So why do I need to say I have criminal conviction.

Do we have any professional here?