ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN/MN application a question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

citizen1000

AN/MN application a question

Post by citizen1000 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi everyone.
I wonder if someone can help me. I am applying for citizenship application of my wife ( AN application) & registration as British citizen of my children ( MN application)

My Wife & children First entered UK as my dependent on In april 2004but then left UK on 26/04/2004.
As the same visa was still valid they re entered UK on 07/10/2004 but the left Uk in february 2005.
Their Visa Expired in february 2005 & they re applied for Visa outside UK in our Home country.
They got Visa in May 2005 & came to UK join me. They have not been out of UK since then.
Now my Question is what date should i put in the question 2.1 of the AN & MN application, ( Date & place of first arrival in UK) ?
sould it be april 2004 or May 2005?
Many thanks for your help in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

Are you sure that your wife can apply for naturalisation at the same time as you? Does she have ILR? If so, under what immigration category did she get her ILR? The period between Feb'05 and May'05 when she had no leave to enter / remain in the UK reset her continuous residence in the UK. Does she fulfil the residential requirements for naturalisation?

Was your child born in the UK? What is the child's immigration status presently?

regards