ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earning's

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jedi1411
Newly Registered

Previous Earning's

Post by jedi1411 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Hello Seniors,
I am Planing to apply in June for my Tier-1 Visa (Initial Application). I will be claiming points for 01-March-09 to 28-Feb-10.
I Have been the UK since 18th Jan 2010, for this i will not be using the uplift factor of 5.3 (India).

Before I start my query i have gone through the forum and seen some cases similar to mine, but those were the kinds who have been in the UK for the full 12 months for which they claimed points for using the uplift factor.

My query starts here:
I had been in the UK on 18th July-09 to 22-Aug-09 (42 days) on a Tier-2 Intra Company transfer, int his period I was paid a per Diem in GBP and my full Indian salary in Rupees in India.
I have Salary slips and the bank account statement to prove that i was paid the salary in India in Indian rupees.
In my application I plan to show this Indian Salary and use the 5.3 Uplift factor.
I will not be using the per Diem amount as I do not have a proof for the same.

My query is am I doing the correct thing using this Uplift factor for the mentioned period?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Jedi

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun May 09, 2010 11:39 pm

As far as I know you can't use uplift ratio for any earnings back home while you were in the UK
Goodluck.

jedi1411
Newly Registered

Previous Earning's

Post by jedi1411 » Sun May 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Thanks for your reply.

So that means I need to calculate my salary from 1st july to 11-July-09 (A) in rupees and from 12-july09-22-Aug-09 (B) in GBP; and use the uplift factor on the A portion only.

is that what needs to be done?

Regards,
Jedi

jedi1411
Newly Registered

Post by jedi1411 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:11 am

Senior's Please help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 10, 2010 8:54 am

Make an effort to search the forum .... such queries have been answered numerous times in the past and explanation(s) provided.

regards

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Mon May 10, 2010 11:14 am

Hi,

I have a similar case as yours. While I was in the UK for 24 days, I have been advised not to apply the uplift ratio to my INdian Earnings, while I was in the UK.
this was a rejection case for me the last time I applied.

therefore I am just waiting for this month's pay to apply again.

Would suggest you consider not applying the Uplift ratio for the 42 days you were not in India and check to see whether you are earning the required points.
If you are, well then apply WITH the uplift ratio. so even if the case worker calculates it without applying the UPLIFT Ratio, you will still qualify.

however if not, I would suggest you wait until thepoints are sufficient, unless you would like to take the risk.

Devanshi
Newly Registered

Uplift Ratio

Post by Devanshi » Wed May 12, 2010 3:48 pm

How do you identify the earning during those 24 days for not applying uplift ratio? Do you prorate the earning for that month? I was in Singapore on Business visa for 1 month (15 days in each month). It seems that I can also not apply uplift ratio.

jedi1411
Newly Registered

Post by jedi1411 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks for your reply keepsmilinyar.

To add to devashi's post do I require to do the same?

So that means I need to calculate my salary from 1st july to 11-July-09 (A) in rupees and from 12-july09-22-Aug-09 (B) in GBP; and use the uplift factor on the A portion only.

is that what needs to be done?

Regards,
Jedi

Devanshi
Newly Registered

uplift ratio

Post by Devanshi » Thu May 13, 2010 10:03 am

I have still pro rata query outstanding.

Also to add to keepsimiling's commnet,

If I qualify marginally without uplift ratio, then still is it advisable to apply uplift ratio (to avoid any other deficiency due to points)? You have to declare where you were physically present during earning period, so If you don't declare that you were abroad for a month, then will it amount to misrepresentation? Case worker can find it out from your pasport.

vikram845
Newly Registered

Post by vikram845 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi,
Can someone pleaae suggest if pro rata salaries are allowed? If you've been paid for 30 days(with a single bank transaction) then can you use only, say 10 days of your salary to claim uplift, if you were outside India for rest of the 20 days?

navneek
Newly Registered

Uplift to UK salary during my stay in India

Post by navneek » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:53 am

Hi,

My case is little different from others. According to policy the uplift can be applied if the candidate physically undertaken work in that country, it does not matter what currency the payment was done. For my case I worked in India for two months and company paid me in GBP into my UK account. Can I uplift that UK salary to 5.3 times?

So my salary of £4800 for two months should be uplifted by 5.3 times?

Experts please advise me.