ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dear kayalami, please help me to solve this problem

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abp19682003
Newly Registered

dear kayalami, please help me to solve this problem

Post by abp19682003 » Sun May 09, 2004 8:29 am

dear Kayalami,
i am going to apply for HSMP from India. I have few questions regarding it. could you help me solving them?

1) is IELTS compulsory for HSMP? do i have to submitt IELTS score at the time of application or can i submit it lateron?
2) I completed my Construction Engineering in 1990 and then worked as an engineer for 5 years. then i changed my field and joined plastic industry where i worked as a manager for nine years( 1995 to 2004) .mean while i joined MBA simulteniously in 1998 and completed in 2001with specialization in marketing. so howmany points would they give me for education and for experience?
3)I have been writing articles in the press on various issues of management since last one year. can this be considered for achievement points?
4) there is one question in the form,"What arrangements have you made to seek work upon your arrival in the UK? ."2)What do you expect to earn in the first 12 months in the UK? so what can we write in answering this question?

I will be very much grateful to you for your help.

Thanking you.

atul.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: dear kayalami, please help me to solve this problem

Post by Chess » Sun May 09, 2004 10:13 am

I suspect Kaya answered all your Q's already - but I will reply to some

1) is IELTS compulsory for HSMP? do i have to submitt IELTS score at the time of application or can i submit it lateron?
No..so long as you can show that you have 'english working knowledge/understandong' demonstrable by using english as your language of work and possibly language of instruction at University
2) I completed my Construction Engineering in 1990 and then worked as an engineer for 5 years. then i changed my field and joined plastic industry where i worked as a manager for nine years( 1995 to 2004) .mean while i joined MBA simulteniously in 1998 and completed in 2001with specialization in marketing. so howmany points would they give me for education and for experience?
25points for education...With 10 years post graduate experience - I think you get 50points

3)I have been writing articles in the press on various issues of management since last one year. can this be considered for achievement points?

Yes...so long as you have three different sources of information supporting/proving your publication/significant achievement ..it should also have been recogonised by your peers
4) there is one question in the form,"What arrangements have you made to seek work upon your arrival in the UK? ."2)What do you expect to earn in the first 12 months in the UK? so what can we write in answering this question?

What arragements have you made to seek work upon arrival?..say what you have arranged!!! like going to job centres, e-mailing your CV etc.

Expected salary..look on the website :o

All the best
Where there is a will there is a way.