ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got redundant just before ILR eligibility date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brijkalani
Newly Registered

Got redundant just before ILR eligibility date

Post by brijkalani » Tue May 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi all,
I am on HSMP(under JR) applied before 3rd april06. I got my hsmp stamped in may 2006 and hence visa is valid until may2011. Now after the JR I am eligible for ILR after 4 years which are already completed as of today. My problem is I got redundant in last april!! I have managed to get a part-time job immediately while I search for the right one. I am also registered self employed since 4 months which covers all my expenses. My question is

1) Is it ok to show part-time(permanent) employment letter plus self-employed.
2) I haven't got tax payment for my self-employed work cos its been less than a year. How do I prove that
3) My wife also works part-time(permanent) + self employed. Would that be of any help?
4) Would it be ok to apply after the date(4 years completion) has passed. The earliest appointment I am getting is in june.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks

Member of Standing

Re: Got redundant just before ILR eligibility date

Post by 1664 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:12 pm

as far as i see - you should be fine.
As you are economically active,paying your taxes.

Let's see what others have to comment..

shs213

Re: Got redundant just before ILR eligibility date

Post by shs213 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:57 pm

brijkalani wrote:Hi all,
I am on HSMP(under JR) applied before 3rd april06. I got my hsmp stamped in may 2006 and hence visa is valid until may2011. Now after the JR I am eligible for ILR after 4 years which are already completed as of today. My problem is I got redundant in last april!! I have managed to get a part-time job immediately while I search for the right one. I am also registered self employed since 4 months which covers all my expenses. My question is

1) Is it ok to show part-time(permanent) employment letter plus self-employed.
2) I haven't got tax payment for my self-employed work cos its been less than a year. How do I prove that
3) My wife also works part-time(permanent) + self employed. Would that be of any help?
4) Would it be ok to apply after the date(4 years completion) has passed. The earliest appointment I am getting is in june.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks
1 - I dont see why not. If you go in person, you can explain in person. Obviously they will understand your actively looking for a full time role...
2 - Your Accountant will be able to issue a letter confirming your financial..
3. - If she's your dependant - NO
4 - you can apply anytime after you complete ur 4 yr period. you will recv a letter with the visa stating your ILR is valid from the date you completed your 4 yr period [ effectivly backdating ur ILR]....

You JR ppl are lucky with the backdated thing!

that's my 2 cents...

brijkalani
Newly Registered

Post by brijkalani » Tue May 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Just to add, I have got approx. 4k in my bank account. If that helps

hyper_kid
Newly Registered

Post by hyper_kid » Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi there, I'm in similar situation. Got my HSMP in Oct 04, worked for JPMorgan from Oct 04 up to Jun 09, when I was made redundant.

Was out of work from June 09 till May 10, and did not work for this period. However, I'm working now as a full-time consultant on a contract basis, getting paid 25/hr. So that means I'm currently economically active.

My question is, would I still be able to get the ILR even with my employment break (Jun 09-April 10), now I'm working but I dont have 3 months of pay slips to show... I do have my annual tax fillings, a job (hence, I'm economically active when applying) and other a bit of saving in my bank account...

I have an in-person appointment for June 5th to apply for ILR. I'm just concerned I'm going to waste my time and money by not having this last 3 months pay slips to show, even though I do have a job now..

Could you advise on that please???

Many thanks and regards.

foxy

Post by foxy » Fri May 21, 2010 4:02 am

Probably best to open a new thread to get more responses but if you have had HSMP from October 04, haven't you already qualified for ILR on October 08 with the HSMP JR? I am puzzled why you didn't apply then?

I hope someone else can clarify your 3 month pay slips issue. On another note, well done on getting back to work, I've been on the trail for longer than you now! Same field. Terrible out there.