ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Dependant VISA before Main Applicant land in UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gotovamsee
Newly Registered

Applying Dependant VISA before Main Applicant land in UK?

Post by gotovamsee » Tue May 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Hello Frens,,

With lot of continued support from this forum, I got my Tier1 VISA last month that is valid from a future date 1st Jun 2010.

Earlier while making my VAF9 application Under "Your Family" for 5.1 I "Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?" I answered as 'No' though my marital status was correctly given as "Married" this is becoz I wanted to make it clear to the case worker that its just me for the maintenance funds as I did not want to take any double folded risk of loosing dependents visa fee in case of my rejection.

Now that I got my VISA approved and realized that I badly wanted my wife to accompany me to UK and not like joining me later. And I have all the supporting documents and maintenance funds (FD can be liquidated) for 2400GBP (1600+800) on dependent name ready.

So friends please provide your inputs if I can proceed with my wife's visa application without any problem since I am still in India or do I have to let her join me later after I land in UK which is the last thing I wanted?

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Applying Dependant VISA before Main Applicant land in UK

Post by dima » Tue May 11, 2010 4:23 pm

gotovamsee wrote:Hello Frens,,

With lot of continued support from this forum, I got my Tier1 VISA last month that is valid from a future date 1st Jun 2010.

Earlier while making my VAF9 application Under "Your Family" for 5.1 I "Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?" I answered as 'No' though my marital status was correctly given as "Married" this is becoz I wanted to make it clear to the case worker that its just me for the maintenance funds as I did not want to take any double folded risk of loosing dependents visa fee in case of my rejection.

Now that I got my VISA approved and realized that I badly wanted my wife to accompany me to UK and not like joining me later. And I have all the supporting documents and maintenance funds (FD can be liquidated) for 2400GBP (1600+800) on dependent name ready.

So friends please provide your inputs if I can proceed with my wife's visa application without any problem since I am still in India or do I have to let her join me later after I land in UK which is the last thing I wanted?
Yes, You can apply for your dependent's visa while you still in India.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

meratier1

applying for dependant visa being main applicant in india

Post by meratier1 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:54 pm

I also have exactly the same case. Can someone share the documents list for this for applying dependant's visa being the main applicant as well in India.
Also if one can vote that he/she received the visa for dependant in this scenario as generally i have seen that main applicant moves to UK, gets the proof of salary slips and jobs of Uk and then applies for the dependant visa.
Just wanted to know the success numbers for this scenrio. Also pls let us k now if it was rejected for someone. Pls mention the reason of rejection as well.

gotovamsee
Newly Registered

Post by gotovamsee » Wed May 12, 2010 11:18 am

Thanks for the inputs,

Any more similar cases please give us ur comments here..