ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marketing my application look worth the sponsorship hassle??

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GSOtodd

Marketing my application look worth the sponsorship hassle??

Post by GSOtodd » Tue May 11, 2010 10:22 pm

I've been living in the UK for almost five years. There is a lot of restructuring going on at the school I've been teaching at. I will still have my teaching job but won't have my middle management role after August. I;ve been looking for other jobs but haven't had any bites. Being a NON-EU citizen is making it more difficult... I'm not kidding myself. So, please, no rude comments but helpful comments welcome please. How can I market myself so that schools will want to at least interview me. What can I do to make headteachers/employers interested in interviewing me and worth going through the the work permit paperwork, sponsorship hassles, and labour market test (advertising for additional four weeks, etc) for. Any tips would be appreciated. I'll be a permanent resident in about another year.

Anyone know the areas in the south east or south west where there are experiencing teacher shortages (because cost of living is too high)?
Andy

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue May 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Check if the transitional arrangements would apply, and if a new employer would actually have to do the resident labour market test.

You could also check the sponsor's register and concentrate on the people who are already on there.