ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in Cover Letter - Please Guide

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gprao2010

Mistake in Cover Letter - Please Guide

Post by gprao2010 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:30 am

Hello,

I applied for Tier 1 Visa from Mumbai on May 5th. On May 10th, I got an SMS that my application is under process at BDHC.

But today (May 12th) i realised that I made a small mistake in my covering letter. In the section where I explained my previous earnings I mentioned 35 points claimed in the heading. But actually it is 45 points and I have mentioned the same everywhere else except the heading of Previous Earnings section in the cover letter.

Will this be a problem ? Is there anything I can do now or is it too late as my application is already under process ?

Please guide.

Thanks,

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:45 am

Hi,

I am in similar situation as yours. I applied on 7th May and on the same day I even realized a mistake in my covering letter. I immediately sent a clarification letter to BHC on the same day stating my mistake and clarification. When my letter reached BHC, my application was yet to be processed by them.
Members in this forum suggest that mistake in covering letter should not be an issue as long as your documents are correct. Covering letter is only for reference and can't be considered as proof of evidence. But just for peace of mind I did send a clarification letter to them.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed May 12, 2010 7:28 am

just write a letter to BHC clarifying yourself.
you shouldn't worry as cover letter is secondary, application form is the primary one and plus they'll check your earnings etc and give points to you according to that
Goodluck.

reka
Newly Registered

URGENT PLZ REPLY

Post by reka » Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi

I made a small mistake in my application form. I submitted my application form from HYD. I am thinking of sending a clarification letter to the BHC.. Can u Please let me Know the Email ID of BHC..