ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is the early time to apply set (M) ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newlife2009

When is the early time to apply set (M) ?

Post by newlife2009 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:27 am

Hi All,

I have a little confused my situation. When is the early time I can apply ILR SET (M) ?

Came to UK - 16 Nov 2008
Got spouse visa - 09 Apr 2009
Spouse visa expire - 09 Apr 2011

From website :
You should use application form SET(M) if you:

* currently have temporary permission to remain in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person settled here;
* have lived here for two years in this category; and
* are still planning to live together (and are still married or in a civil partnership, if applicable).

If we gave you permission to remain in the UK as an unmarried or same-sex partner and are now applying to settle here as the husband, wife or civil partner of the same person, your two-year qualifying period started on whichever is the later of these two dates:

* the date when we gave you permission to remain as an unmarried or same-sex partner; or
* the date when you arrived in the UK.

Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your two-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application and we will not refund the fee. However, you must apply before your current permission to remain in the UK ends.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 12, 2010 12:54 pm

On which visa did you enter UK in 2008?

regards

newlife2009

Post by newlife2009 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:03 pm

I got entry clearence on 2008

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 12, 2010 1:05 pm

28 days before the expiry date of your current spouse visa.