ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to prove that i applied for HSMP before 3rd April 2006

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jbaig
Newly Registered

How to prove that i applied for HSMP before 3rd April 2006

Post by jbaig » Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am going to apply for ILR in July 2010 with 2 dependent (Wife and Child).

I applied for my initial HSMP on 3rd March 2006 but got rejection on 28th March 2006; so I appealed and got HSMP acceptance on 25th April 2006. Now, I am going to apply for ILR after completing the 4 years by reading this paragraph from the UKBA website.

You fall into this group if:
You were initially granted entry clearance for two years where your HSMP application was made before 3 April 2006 but not approved until after this date;

I have few questions:

1) First of all, by reading the above paragraph, do I qualify for ILR after 4 years?

2) What documents are needed for ILR?

3) When I'll go to the visa officer; do I need to prove that I applied for the initial HSMP before 3rd April 2006? will it be in HO system or database? I have the rejection letter showing the date 8th March 2006; i remember i appealed against that rejection and submitted a cover letter with the same documents on 25th March 2006 (but I don’t have any post office receipt for that).

Many Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 12, 2010 3:05 pm

1. Yes
2. Search the forum ... information available.
3. Submit SAR and request for a copy of your HSMP application form (will have a date stamped on it).

regards

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Mon May 17, 2010 6:42 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Yes
3. Submit SAR and request for a copy of your HSMP application form (will have a date stamped on it).

regards
Hi
plase visit this site.
You will find link to download HSMP application forms:
HSMP form under 28
HSMP form over 28

I guess these are called HSMP 1 forms.
These are new applications forms came into effect after 12 April 2005.

So i guess you have filled any of these forms then you will be eligile for ilr after 4 years.

I dont know on which dates in April 2006 new forms came in to affect.

http://www.theskillsite.com/uk-immigrat ... p-form.htm

Let me know is your thoughs on this.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 17, 2010 6:51 pm

HSMPgafla wrote:

regards
Hi
plase visit this site.
HSMP form under 28
HSMP form over 28

So i guess you have filled any of these forms then you will be eligile for ilr after 4 years.

What's the relevance? The OP had appealed the refusal so there is no relevance of which form OP had used. He clearly used the form specified at that time as his application was accepted as valid and a decision on it was reached (which he then appealed and was granted approval). I don't see the OP stating that his application was refused for using the wrong form!

What he needs to prove (if at all) is that his application was received before 03-Apr-06, which is easily done through SAR.

regards

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am

If the OP or his solicitor/advisor has got his papers from appeal, then the date of his application will be there. Adjudicators determination will have all the dates mentioned in it.

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Tue May 18, 2010 3:07 pm

HSMPgafla wrote:

regards
Hi
plase visit this site.
HSMP form under 28
HSMP form over 28

good info. Do you have any forms for those after 3rd April 2006, so we can compare?

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Post by leafbbi » Tue May 18, 2010 11:25 pm

I am in the same situation: application submitted prior to 3rd april, declined, requsted review, approved after review after 3rd April.

the only reason I didn't ask for SAR is because i booked an appointment for ILR application on 14th June. I heard they would not let you apply in person if there are any open cases on their database. If I request SAR, and I didn't recieve it, would that be an open case?

I may worry too much. this is indeed the most stressful time for us.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue May 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Case worker will definitely ask for proof, so you must try and obtain it before you apply in person. Phone UKBA and ask for advise as well. If it means delay in applying, it may be worth waiting for, so its upto you.

Sushdmehta has pointed you in the right direction.

Best Regards