ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Accommodation query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Dependent Visa Accommodation query

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi,

I have Tier-1 General Visa. My wife has tier-1 dependent visa. I am currently working in India and got a job in UK. Previously I have worked in UK for 15 months but after that I have worked in India for 10 months and now I am again moving to UK. I am planning to apply for my child (4 months old) dependent visa from India. I have got a rent agreement from my previous land loard in UK which is valid from 1st of June 2010. The rent agreement is on my name (my wife's name is not on the contract) and it is a minimum 6 months contract. The property is a 2 BHK property.

Now as per the documents needed (told by VFS) for my child as dependent there are two documents needed for Accommodation proof:
1. Rent agreement
2. NOC certificate from land loard stating that he does not have any problem with my child staying with me in the given property.

My Query:
1. Should my wife's name needs to be on the contract (Is there any rule that all person above the age of 18 should be on the contract to make it valid) ?
2. Do NOC certificate is really needed ? If so, do land lord needs to allow both my wife and son to stay in the property and issue the NOC with the details.

By the way, my landloard is aware that I will be moving with my family in the property.

Seniors, please guide.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 pm

1. No.
2. Yes, if the agreement requires you to have permission from landlord to accommodate any person not named in the agreement. So, read your agreement and act accordingly.

regards

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed May 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks for the reply.

There is no such clause in the agreement which says that I need to take permission from the land loard for the new tenant to move in. So I suppose that I am good to go.

Thanks

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed May 12, 2010 5:22 pm

I have one more query:

I have visited UK 10 days ago to search for job and I got the job as well. Now I am in India serving my notice period with my current company. I am planning to apply for dependent visa for my child (4 months old). While I was in UK, I visited my UK bank (where I am maintaining 6000 pounds for last one year) and got my bank statement printed by bank staff on valid bank stationary. This bank statement displays a UK address where I was staying one year ago. I currently live in India and not on the above address. I am going to rent the same property again and got the rent agreement from the land lord which is valid from 1st June 2010.

My Query:
1. Is it a valid statement , even if I am not living at the above address ?
2. How can I explain the above situation to case worker ? If I bring the above thing in notice of case worker then will it create problem or I shall not discuss it at all ?

Guru's please guide.

Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I have one more query:

I have visited UK 10 days ago to search for job and I got the job as well. Now I am in India serving my notice period with my current company. I am planning to apply for dependent visa for my child (4 months old). While I was in UK, I visited my UK bank (where I am maintaining 6000 pounds for last one year) and got my bank statement printed by bank staff on valid bank stationary. This bank statement displays a UK address where I was staying one year ago. I currently live in India and not on the above address. I am going to rent the same property again and got the rent agreement from the land lord which is valid from 1st June 2010.

My Query:
1. Is it a valid statement , even if I am not living at the above address ? Yes, it is a valid statement.
2. How can I explain the above situation to case worker ? If I bring the above thing in notice of case worker then will it create problem or I shall not discuss it at all? I think no need to mention it, but, if you want to make clear every aspect of your application, you can mention it in a cover letter, similarly as you have mentioned in above lines. This should not be a problem.

Guru's please guide.

Thanks

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed May 12, 2010 7:28 pm

[quote="sushdmehta"]1. No.
2. Yes, if the agreement requires you to have permission from landlord to accommodate any person not named in the agreement. So, read your agreement and act accordingly.

regards[/quote]

As per the following link:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... n#18177546

[b]The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.[/b]

What would you say about above. As per it, I need to show NOC from landlord ?

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm

any guidance for my last query please...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 13, 2010 1:33 pm

If the agreement doesn't specify any restriction, then you should be okay.

But there's no harm in getting a letter from the landlord - to eliminate any risk of refusal on this point.

regards

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu May 13, 2010 1:48 pm

There is only one clause which talks about it. The clause is as follows:

[b]The tenant agrees with the landloard as follows: not to take in lodgers or paying guests or permit any person to stay overnight on the said premises except as shall be approved in writing by the landlord.[/b]

Is the above clause relevant to my case ?

Any thoughts ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 13, 2010 1:57 pm

:lol: Why do you think it is not relevant? This is the very restriction I suggested you check in your agreement. Clearly means that you are not allowed to accommodate anyone not named in the contract without written permission of the landlord.

So, unless your family is named in the contract as joint tenants (along with you), you need landlord's permission to let them stay with you in the landlord's property.

regards

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu May 13, 2010 2:03 pm

I have lived in the same property last year with the same kind of rent agreement with the same clauses. Only my name was there on the agreement. I was on Work Permit at that time. When my company applied for dependent visa of my wife then I got it approved with this agreement. I have not attached any NOC at that time. I am not sure why it has been accepted at that time.
Also, it is a 2 BHK Property which is written on the rent agreement. Why would I rent a 2 BHK if I need to live alone ?
What say...?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm

No point in dragging this discussion.

If you want to risk a rejection, go ahead as it is! If you want to be on the safe side, get the letter. Simple!

regards

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu May 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Could anyone share the template of NOC letter. I have searched the forum but unable to find any such template.

Also, Can I submit fax copy/ scanned copy of the NOC letter or original letter needs to be submitted ?

Please guide.

Thanks.