ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Source of earning - confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usman.shahid
Newly Registered

Source of earning - confusion

Post by usman.shahid » Wed May 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi,

I have earned some money by working as a consultant for a company for a contract of 3 months and have done a project for them. They have paid me in lump sum. Can i show this income as my earning and for proof I can submit letter from the company + bank statement showing the transaction. One thing I want to mention here is that I did not pay any tax on this income.

Please comment.

HSK Accountancy Services

!

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Thu May 13, 2010 12:25 am

usman.shahid wrote:Hi,

I have earned some money by working as a consultant for a company for a contract of 3 months and have done a project for them. They have paid me in lump sum. Can i show this income as my earning and for proof I can submit letter from the company + bank statement showing the transaction. One thing I want to mention here is that I did not pay any tax on this income.

Please comment.
You worked as self-employed in this case so you will need to see an accountant who can prepare your accounts and issue you a letter!

See the guidance notes about self-employment income.

Hope that helps

usman.shahid
Newly Registered

Re: !

Post by usman.shahid » Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 am

HSK Accountancy Services wrote:

Please comment.
You worked as self-employed in this case so you will need to see an accountant who can prepare your accounts and issue you a letter!

See the guidance notes about self-employment income.

Hope that helps
But i was not self employed, i worked on contract with a company, I wonder where can i arrange an accountant from ? What if I attach contract agreement letter and payment slip as supporting evidence ?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Source of earning - confusion

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu May 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Please comment.

u have to pay tax when tax due but what is yr income u need to get certiified from practising accountant as per requirement of HO guidelines