ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waitting since August 2006. 45 Months. Any Advise?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SureSir
Newly Registered

Still waitting since August 2006. 45 Months. Any Advise?

Post by SureSir » Fri May 14, 2010 10:39 am

Hi All,

This forum is useful and it is actually my first time posting. I have come to Ireland on an IT Work Permit in June 2001.

Still waiting after 3 years and 9 months.

My Timeline:
Applied: August 2006 based on 5 years residency and work permit.
Acknowledgement received: October 2006.
Further below documents requested: September 2009
1. A copy of your Notice of Assessment for last yr 2008.
2. A copy of your current Tax Clearance Certificate.
3. A copy of your current Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card.
Further documents submitted: October 2009

I have been contracting as an IT consultant since 2006 though but cannot see how that will make a difference in my waiting period. All my friends who arrived with me in 2001 and worked in the IT field have their citizenship already.

I have been phoning about every week and they just told me my application is still in processing, with the Garda, or with the Minister for approval or etc. etc. Every time it is some inconsistent reason.

Could anyone advise me how I can find out the real status of my application, if there is anything I can do to get an answer as soon as possible as the wait is killing me!

Lutus
Newly Registered

Post by Lutus » Fri May 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Seems it takes approx a year after request for additional info or at least it did in y case

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Still waitting since August 2006. 45 Months. Any Advise?

Post by Aceform » Fri May 14, 2010 1:25 pm

SureSir wrote:Hi All,

This forum is useful and it is actually my first time posting. I have come to Ireland on an IT Work Permit in June 2001.

Still waiting after 3 years and 9 months.

My Timeline:
Applied: August 2006 based on 5 years residency and work permit.
Acknowledgement received: October 2006.
Further below documents requested: September 2009
1. A copy of your Notice of Assessment for last yr 2008.
2. A copy of your current Tax Clearance Certificate.
3. A copy of your current Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card.
Further documents submitted: October 2009

I have been contracting as an IT consultant since 2006 though but cannot see how that will make a difference in my waiting period. All my friends who arrived with me in 2001 and worked in the IT field have their citizenship already.

I have been phoning about every week and they just told me my application is still in processing, with the Garda, or with the Minister for approval or etc. etc. Every time it is some inconsistent reason.

Could anyone advise me how I can find out the real status of my application, if there is anything I can do to get an answer as soon as possible as the wait is killing me!
Don't panic, and just hang in there. As they say, no news is good news.
All the best.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun May 16, 2010 1:58 pm

its my understanding that the minister is finally finishing off making decisions received in 2006. i would expect that you would have a decision by the summer at the latest. providing you promptly relied to any requests for additional documents they can't make any excuses.

i suggest you write a letter which simply requests a decision (as oppose to them giving you citizenship, obviously unless you acted the idiot during your time in ireland, you would be very confident that you will be successful. ask for a decision so they can't come back with citizenship is a priviledge carry on. you know this but you are entitled not to have to wait for so long)

quote your reference number, and clearly quote the different dates correspndences occurred between you and them. request an update on the processing of the application and an explanation as to why its taking your application this long in light of previous department notices (ie dealing with applications of early 2008). In order not to come across as angry or snotty as if they need any more documents (appear to be eager to help them in processing the application)

Like i said, i would be very surprsied if you do not hear from them by july. send the letter of reminder