ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel + Medical Insurance

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pkumar
Member of Standing

Travel + Medical Insurance

Post by pkumar » Fri May 14, 2010 9:29 pm

Can anyone tell me top of the line travel + medical insurance for parents coming to UK on Family Visa.

i know it might be expensive but i am ready to pay as much money as long as i get a really good / professional and proven insurance company.

Anyone please.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 15, 2010 3:58 am

The will have to buy travel insurance from providers in the country of their residence.

regards

Markie

Re: Travel + Medical Insurance

Post by Markie » Sat May 15, 2010 6:51 am

should be secured before travelling and be purchased from home country...you can search the web...
pkumar wrote:Can anyone tell me top of the line travel + medical insurance for parents coming to UK on Family Visa.

i know it might be expensive but i am ready to pay as much money as long as i get a really good / professional and proven insurance company.

Anyone please.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 15, 2010 7:47 am

should be secured before travelling and be purchased from home country
True, but more than that, best to buy the insurance as soon as possible, after the flights have been booked. The reason for this is that it covers not just medical cover but also cancellation, because one or more of the travellers is not able to travel, because for example they are ill.
John

rcha123
BANNED

Post by rcha123 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:05 am

The NHS technically doesn't cover treatment to folk living outside the UK for more than 3 months but since I'll still be registered with my UK doctor under my parents home address, the general consensus among expats is nobody ever checks, and there isn't really a way for them them to check anyway.