ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!switch to HSMP Dependant/ PSW expires in 2010 *Urgent*

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shubhi

HELP!!switch to HSMP Dependant/ PSW expires in 2010 *Urgent*

Post by Shubhi » Sat May 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on HSMP visa which will expire in Oct 2011. My fiance is on PSW which will expire in Sep 2010. We are planning to get married soon so that he can come on my visa. Both of us are working here in UK.

What are the documents required to file for his dependant visa?

Also shall we get married in UK or in India?which option is quicker and efficient? We will opt for registered marriage and not a traditional ceremony as yet so we will not have any photos or wedding card....what should I do??

Please help

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Your spouse-to-be will have to apply for EC as a dependent from home country. He cannot switch from Tier 1 (PSW) to dependent of Tier 1 migrant from within the UK.

If you both want to marry in UK, you'll have to apply for Certificate of Approval (COA). AIUI, you both will need to apply for COA (not either, but both).

And, BTW, you are not an HSMP migrant but a Tier 1 (General) migrant.

regards

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Sat May 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks very much for a quick reply :D

Could you also suggest me what all documents are required for Tier 1 dependant visa?

I think they also ask for Pics and wedding card? We will opt for registered marriage and not a traditional ceremony as yet so we will not have any photos or wedding card....what should I do??

Thanks again

Shubhi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Shubhi wrote:Could you also suggest me what all documents are required for Tier 1 dependant visa?
Read the Tier 1 (General) dependent policy guidance. Or search the forum - this information has been posted hundreds (if not thousands) of times.
Shubhi wrote:I think they also ask for Pics and wedding card?
Well, they never asked me for such things. But since your partner would be applying soon after the wedding, get some photographs clicked at the registrar's office (don't forget to carry two garlands :wink: ).

regards