ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-eligible in 4 or 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alientrader

ILR-eligible in 4 or 5 years

Post by alientrader » Sat May 15, 2010 9:07 pm

I have a question regarding the JR for the ILR.

It writes "on the basis of an application submitted between 3 April 2006 and 7 November 2006", you will still need to fulfill 5 years of residency.

What does this actually mean? Does application submitted means the date when u got your HSMP approval letter, or when you send your application out?

I applied for HSMP before 3 April 2006 (arnd early-mid March 2006), before any of the changes were publicized, and only got my approval letter after 3 April 2006.

Do i need 4 or 5 years of residency??

I just looked through my old documents and I think that HO received my application via fedEX on the 3rd of April 2006 itself.!!!!

Can anyone advise? :shock:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Date of application, not the date of approval letter. So you qualify for ILR after completing 4 years in the UK.
alientrader wrote:I just looked through my old documents and I think that HO received my application via fedEX on the 3rd of April 2006 itself.!!!!
Not a good coincidence.

regards

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Sun May 16, 2010 1:27 am

don't know if its the date they received it or the date in which the application is signed

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 16, 2010 1:31 am

Submit SAR. You can ask for your initial HSMP application form - the copy will have the date stamped.

The problem is that when application is sent by courier, the date that it is received at UKBA is considered as the application date - and not the date of posting (handing it to courier, in this case). And if your application was received on 03-Apr-06 or later, you'll then have to complete 5 years before becoming eligible for settlement.

regards

HSMPgafla

Re: ILR-eligible in 4 or 5 years

Post by HSMPgafla » Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm

alientrader wrote:I have a question regarding the JR for the ILR.

It writes "on the basis of an application submitted between 3 April 2006 and 7 November 2006", you will still need to fulfill 5 years of residency.

What does this actually mean? Does application submitted means the date when u got your HSMP approval letter, or when you send your application out?

I applied for HSMP before 3 April 2006 (arnd early-mid March 2006), before any of the changes were publicized, and only got my approval letter after 3 April 2006.

Do i need 4 or 5 years of residency??

I just looked through my old documents and I think that HO received my application via fedEX on the 3rd of April 2006 itself.!!!!

Can anyone advise? :shock:
Hi
plase visit this site.
You will find link to download HSMP application forms:
HSMP form under 28
HSMP form over 28

I guess these are called HSMP 1 forms.
These are new applications forms came into effect after 12 April 2005.

So i guess you have filled any of these forms then you will be eligile for ilr after 4 years.

I dont know on which dates in April 2006 new forms came in to affect.

http://www.theskillsite.com/uk-immigrat ... p-form.htm

Let me know is your thoughs on this.

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Submit SAR. You can ask for your initial HSMP application form - the copy will have the date stamped.

The problem is that when application is sent by courier, the date that it is received at UKBA is considered as the application date - and not the date of posting (handing it to courier, in this case). And if your application was received on 03-Apr-06 or later, you'll then have to complete 5 years before becoming eligible for settlement.

regards
Got my SAR file today and got copy of my application on which date received is 4th april 2006. HO did not send me the copy of envelop in which my lawyer sent my application (they might not have it)
So it still not proven that i did apply on or after 3rd April 2006.
I filled application form on 28th march 2006 and my lawyer sent application by royal mail recorded delivery. He doesnt have any receipt either.

Any suggestion..how can i prove???

settler
Newly Registered

sar

Post by settler » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:00 pm

i recieved my SARreport which has my initial application submitted on february 20th 2006. So as per Jr rule any body submited their application before 3rd april are eligible for 4 yr rule. In the report there is no mention of the second application i submitted(Sush remember i wrote about my case previously). Does this mean that Home office does not hold the record of this.Any comments on this is appreciated