ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about age and salary expectations

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trt987
Newly Registered

Question about age and salary expectations

Post by trt987 » Sun May 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi All.

I am thinking of applying for Tier 1 general visa. I am able to qualify based on the points required currently but I am thinking about the renewal required after 2 years. I have 2 questions regarding this -

1) I will be 39 years + few months when I apply for the renewal after 2 years, will I get 5 points based on the age?

2) Is it reasonable to expect a job paying 55000 pounds in UK in the current economy? I searched some jobs but most of them are for salaries < 50000. With about 13 years of experience in IT field, is it possible to get at least 55000 in order to meet the required points for salary?

Thanks,
Rachit

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Question about age and salary expectations

Post by mvent00 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm

trt987 wrote:Hi All.

I am thinking of applying for Tier 1 general visa. I am able to qualify based on the points required currently but I am thinking about the renewal required after 2 years. I have 2 questions regarding this -

1) I will be 39 years + few months when I apply for the renewal after 2 years, will I get 5 points based on the age?
Rules keep changing, but to simulate your case in present situation, you can use points based calculator to evaluate your particulars.

2) Is it reasonable to expect a job paying 55000 pounds in UK in the current economy? I searched some jobs but most of them are for salaries < 50000. With about 13 years of experience in IT field, is it possible to get at least 55000 in order to meet the required points for salary?

Depends, try and good luck!!

Thanks,
Rachit

layman

Post by layman » Mon May 17, 2010 12:00 am

Depends on your skills sets. If you can get a job now and may be a lucrative contracting offer after one year which will take you above 55K per annum, you can try.
Also deoends on what is ur long term plans are? permanent settlement or earn some money and go back?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Question about age and salary expectations

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon May 17, 2010 4:02 pm

trt987 wrote:Hi All.

Thanks,
Rachit
u can be self employed and get outsourcing business