ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for Dependent Application later under PBS Tier1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madhvi_sharma
Newly Registered

Can I apply for Dependent Application later under PBS Tier1?

Post by madhvi_sharma » Mon May 17, 2010 4:29 am

Hi

Can I apply for my spouse application under PBS Tier 1 General later than my application, or I need to submit both my and my spouse's application together.

I was thinking I should apply for myself first, and based on its success I should apply for my spouse visa. Pls advise, what's the best approach?

Thx
Madhvi

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Mon May 17, 2010 4:33 am

Hi,

I'm pretty certain that this is possible. However I think the cost is more expensive this way rather than applying all together.

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon May 17, 2010 5:17 am

xpscapable wrote:Hi,

I'm pretty certain that this is possible. However I think the cost is more expensive this way rather than applying all together.
Hi how does this affects cost ? is there any fee difference in this ?

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 am

If you are not submitting dependant form along with main applicant there are two things could happen:

1. They might raise an issue/query why dependant is not applying same time as yours; as if they grant your visa her current visa automatically gets cancelled.
2. if you are applying dependant visa later then you have to pay around 350 £ again whereas when you apply together you need to pay 50 £

Thanks
Sai

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon May 17, 2010 7:28 pm

saisundeep wrote:If you are not submitting dependant form along with main applicant there are two things could happen:

1. They might raise an issue/query why dependant is not applying same time as yours; as if they grant your visa her current visa automatically gets cancelled.
2. if you are applying dependant visa later then you have to pay around 350 £ again whereas when you apply together you need to pay 50 £

Thanks
Sai
thanks for the responce, but i didnt get what said in point 1.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can I apply for Dependent Application later under PBS Ti

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 17, 2010 8:38 pm

madhvi_sharma wrote:Hi

Can I apply for my spouse application under PBS Tier 1 General later than my application, or I need to submit both my and my spouse's application together.

I was thinking I should apply for myself first, and based on its success I should apply for my spouse visa. Pls advise, what's the best approach?

Thx
Madhvi
It is (entirely) your decision whether you wish to apply together or separately. If someone suggests otherwise, he/she is giving you inaccurate information.

Given the time of your post (3.29am), I am assuming here that you will be applying from outside the UK.

The disadvantage of applying together is that if your application is refused, your dependent's application will also be refused. No money refunded, so you lose all the money (2 applications)! On the other hand, when you apply later (for dependent), you know that the application will be refused only if prescribed guidelines have not been followed and you stand to lose only half the money!

But if applying from within the UK, it is advisable to apply together as applying separately will cost considerably more (almost double) as compared to when applying together.

Hope this clarifies.

regards

madhvi_sharma
Newly Registered

Post by madhvi_sharma » Tue May 18, 2010 1:19 am

Thanks, Guys. this was helpful. Somehow from the UK border website it is not quite clear what's the right or absolute must thing to do.

When I filled in my application online, they did ask about my spouse, and whether he will travel with me.. I filled it yes, but it did not automatically lead me to filling for my spouse application. The only thing I remember is that somewhere they mentioned it is encouraged to apply together.

I want to apply for myself first to save money, and if I clear then only I will immediately for my spouse. Hopefully this is the right thing to do.

ypkr
Newly Registered

Post by ypkr » Sat May 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Can somebody help me.

I had already got Tier-1 visa in Dec-2009 and I am applying for my dependents in this month. But, I am not yet in UK. So, while filling online application for dependents, I have some queries:
(1) Regarding details of Main applicant in dependent form, it is asking "Is the main applicant Employed ?". If I state as "Yes", it is asking for Job title/Company name & other information. But, I haven't yet entered UK. Can I answer as "No" ? Is there any practical problem.

BR,
ypkr