ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu treaty

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnkenn

eu treaty

Post by Johnkenn » Mon May 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Can anybody explain to me better the meaning of " letter of Registration of Tenancy from the private residential Tenancies board. I have already given them a letter from my landlord for my eu 1 application,why do they need that again

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon May 17, 2010 12:42 pm

it means PRTB,,,,,ur landlord should do that for you.....contract ur landlord

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Oh dear..
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Mon May 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks guys, I will contact my landlord asap. But can the agency i pay my rent to do it for me?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Johnkenn wrote:Thanks guys, I will contact my landlord asap. But can the agency i pay my rent to do it for me?
Unnecessary!

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Mon May 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Ben wrote:
Johnkenn wrote:Thanks guys, I will contact my landlord asap. But can the agency i pay my rent to do it for me?
Unnecessary!
It's unnecessary, but I sent mine anyway, and now they are asking for it again. I will send a copy of the original acknowledgement letter and show them they already received it.

koded

Post by koded » Mon May 17, 2010 3:12 pm

You know what I think is that DOJ knows that it takes a lot of time now to get PRTB. It takes about 10 months to get a comfirmation from the PRTB. this is why they are insisting that Applicant should submit it.
Perhaps, this is a plan deal between DOJ and PRTB.
I still strongly believe that the best way to go about all these is to take DOJ to court for the demand of unnecessary documents.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Mon May 17, 2010 3:46 pm

Will it take a while to get PRTB from my landlord? I was thinking if i go to him tomorrow he should be able to give me tomorrow.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Mon May 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Johnkenn wrote:Will it take a while to get PRTB from my landlord? I was thinking if i go to him tomorrow he should be able to give me tomorrow.
The PRTB is not 'something' your landlord can give you. S/he must in fact register your tenancy with them (the website is http://www.prtb.ie/ ). By all accounts, this registration takes **months** to complete. Worse still is that it seems to be a delaying tactic on the part of the INIS to process the EU1 applications.

Welcome to the farce that is INIS.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 4:14 pm

PRTB registration is matter for a landlord. It is of no concern of a tenant.

Ignore this request. There are other, more effective, ways to prove your residence.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 pm

I have given them a letter from my landlord with the name ofme and my wife on the bill. Is there any other way can i prove my residence apart from that

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Johnkenn wrote:I have given them a letter from my landlord with the name ofme and my wife on the bill. Is there any other way can i prove my residence apart from that
The very fact that you are receiving letters from the DoJ should satisfy them that you are resident here. A utility bill, television licence, bank statement, PPS number issuance letter or other similar document should equally suffice.

The notion that your right to reside in Ireland might be in any way dependant on your landlord choosing to register his tenancy with the PRTB would be comical, if it were not so frightening.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Mon May 17, 2010 4:45 pm

I am going to try my luck with my landlord,cos i know that wen we moved in i gave him my pps number. I will be going to the immigration office tomorrow to register,I was told to bring my passport and the one of my wife with evidence of relationship. The evidence of relationship is it the Marriage certificate of our joint name on the bill or account.

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Mon May 17, 2010 7:09 pm

I just dont know why the DOJ is still insisting that applicant must submit this PRBT letter..I my case they asked me to provide it but I didnt have one..I was living at the same address for 5yrs. I never knew there was something call PRTB registration until I applied for my EU1 application..I asked the Landlord and he admitted it was an error on his part for not registrating me..He put that In a letter advising the DOJ that I have bn at that address for that past 5yr.And that it was an error on his side for not registration me..The DOJ acknowledged the content of the letter.

So Johnkenn if you landlord hasnt registered u,show him the letter that u received from DOJ and ask your landlord to write u another Letter pointing out that it was an error on his part and that he's in the process of registering u with the board..

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Sorry, am I missing something? Since when did the right of residence of an EU national and his family members become conditional on a landlord's decision to register his tenancy with the PRTB?

Sorry folks - but this is getting irritating now.

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 pm

I do understand u point Ben...If PRTB registration is that relevant why aint they asking everybody applying for residence in Ireland to provide it..I didnt have one when they requested it so to provide that i reside at my address I sent them 5 Eircom Bill,one from each year for the past 5yrs...So with that evidence they didnt requst for the PRBT letter anymore..