ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw visa rejected due to few transactions

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pswkarachi
Newly Registered

psw visa rejected due to few transactions

Post by pswkarachi » Mon May 17, 2010 9:36 pm

hi guys,

I have applied my psw visa from karachi on 15 feb 2010,
on 16 may 2010, they have sent me the passport and documents with a rejection letter from birtish high commission pakistan stated that,

iam not satisfied with your maintenace funds contineous availabilty in your account as you dont have enough transactions to cover the complete 3 months periods therfore points can not be awarded.

now the account i have showed was a foregin curreny current account in pound sterling in a reputed bank in karachi and i have 3200 pounds from the periods of 10 october 2009 to 12 feb 2010 ( more then 120 days continous) how ever i did only few transaction like 20 pounds in and 50 pounds out like that.
the number of transactions were 6 in total , 3 in november 2009 and 2 in january 2010 and 1 in feb 2010, my account balance never went below 3100 pounds at any time during the above said period.

additonally i had attached a bank letter with my satement which stated:

to whom it may concern
it is to certify that Mr xyz is maintaing a foreign currency account in pound sterling number 00098xxxxx with us since 18 march 2006 and the customer is maintaing a minimum balance of 3100 pounds sterling from last 4 months and his credit balance shows on 12feb 2010 is 3118 pounds.
regards
manger
sign and stamp.

both BS and Letter were on bank letter head with seal and authorise signature.

the above rejection means that the case workr is satisfied with every thing apart from bank staemnt. which i cant understand ,

now tell me what to do plz
thanks.
Last edited by pswkarachi on Fri May 21, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taz_saeed
Newly Registered

Post by taz_saeed » Mon May 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Hello my friend,

I am extremely sorry for what happened to you. HO is very strict about the maintainance of funds. Many applicants got rejected b/c of this funds issue. Can you kindly check with your bank that whether you have maintained the minimum balance of £2800 from 14 Feb to 16 May 2010? I have read many cases on this forum where applicants withdrew their money from bank account after applying for their PSW visas and unfortunately their PSW visa got rejected.

Otherwise, I think you submitted all the correct documents regarding the maintainance of funds.

If you even maintained the funds during this period then you can go for an appeal bt tht will take a long tym. other option is that you can go for a new application.

take an advise from sushdmehta, potterbond007 or from arsenal49. they are very experienced and they always reply to queries on this forum.

regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 18, 2010 1:43 am

There's no appeal for applications made outside the UK. You can only request for administrative review.

There is nothing in the policy guidance that states that the account holder must do credit / debit transactions (for a definite number of times) in the shown account for the account to be considered valid.

So if you met the requirements (2800 pounds held for 3 months and the bank statement dated not more than a month before the date of application), then you should apply for administrative review.

regards

pswkarachi
Newly Registered

Post by pswkarachi » Tue May 18, 2010 6:13 pm

thanks for reply guys,

taz saeed: yes i have still 3000 pounds in my account since 12 feb to till date but the thing is again the money is in the bank untouched (no transactions), from the above said period, but if i apply again there will be the chance of again refusal on the same grounds that is NO TRanasaction. during the claimed period.

sush: if i will go with AR option what will be my chance?

other seniors plz give some suggestions.

thanks

pswkarachi
Newly Registered

Post by pswkarachi » Wed May 19, 2010 3:06 pm

any help guys????????????

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm

I believe you should submit request for AR, clearly mentioning that the Tier 1 (PSW) guidance doesn't state anywhere that the bank accounts used as evidence must have a minimum number of transactions for the account to be considered genuine.

Explain that you had opened the account only for the purpose of holding maintenance funds to support Tier 1 (PSW) application and having deposited the required amount at the beginning itself, there was no reason for undertaking any credit / debit transaction. The few transactions that you have done is to keep the account active.

All the best.

regards

pswkarachi
Newly Registered

Post by pswkarachi » Wed May 19, 2010 8:17 pm

thanks mate i will do AR , and keep u guys updated
thanks alot again

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Thu May 20, 2010 9:44 pm

this is strange so are you saying you definetly had a minimum of 2800 pounds in your account for 3 months and was refused because of limited transactions
the guidelines does not require transactions and people have been advised to limit them so as to avoid dipping below minimum balanace i find this your case extremely strange

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:26 pm

my 2 cents worth of opinion....

Tell us the date of your application, if you couriered it, then the date it was received at High Commission is the DATE im referring to.

Now go back 91 days(continuous) from this date. Note down the starting date and end date covering these 91 days. Now ENSURE that you had atleast 2800 pounds at all times between these dates.

Take your bank statement out, tell us the DATE your statement was printed out. If that information is unavailable, then tell us the last transaction date stated on your account. That date MUST not be more than month old than the date of your application.

Hopefully, this will help you narrow down the problem. Although i must say that this is very unusual case and caseworker must be high or something if he refused your application knowing that you had maintained more than required amount in the bank.

keep us posted

regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:28 pm

taz_saeed wrote:Hello my friend,

take an advise from sushdmehta, potterbond007 or from arsenal49. they are very experienced and they always reply to queries on this forum.

regards.
im flattered taz :lol:

thanks a bunch

pswkarachi
Newly Registered

Post by pswkarachi » Fri May 21, 2010 3:49 pm

hi aresnal,

date of application: 15 feb2010, (same day biometrice , fees and application taken by VAC karcahi)

dates of period caliamed for maintenance funds : 10 october 2009, to 12 feb 2010
total days backward counting: 124 days contineous( minimum 3100 pounds was available every time during those days contineous)

date of printing BS : 12 feb 2010

as u see i have maintained for 124 days which are more than required days.

every thing is clear on bank sataemnt, printing date, period of statement, amount, transactions, currency, logo, letterhead stamp sign, my name address,

shell i go for AR as sush said, or shell i go for new application, cuz i have still that amount in bank, but again i didnt do any transactions , so possibaly they will refuse me again on the same grounds that is NO Transactions.

i have no idea what to do,
thanks

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:36 pm

pswkarachi wrote:hi aresnal,

date of application: 15 feb2010, (same day biometrice , fees and application taken by VAC karcahi)

dates of period caliamed for maintenance funds : 10 october 2009, to 12 feb 2010
total days backward counting: 124 days contineous( minimum 3100 pounds was available every time during those days contineous)

date of printing BS : 12 feb 2010

as u see i have maintained for 124 days which are more than required days.

every thing is clear on bank sataemnt, printing date, period of statement, amount, transactions, currency, logo, letterhead stamp sign, my name address,

shell i go for AR as sush said, or shell i go for new application, cuz i have still that amount in bank, but again i didnt do any transactions , so possibaly they will refuse me again on the same grounds that is NO Transactions.

i have no idea what to do,
thanks
In an earlier post on this same topic sushdmehta has clearly said what he thinks you should do.. I am of the same opinion.. The last decision is upto u..

av123
Newly Registered

PSW Rejected on false basis

Post by av123 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:07 pm

<b>PSWKarachi</b>

I am in a similar situation to yours. I submitted original bank statements but was told I did not.

Can you please let me know what happened about your Administrative Review?