ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier 1 General Dependent Study

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pradeep21
Newly Registered

Can Tier 1 General Dependent Study

Post by pradeep21 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:08 am

Hi,

Can Tier 1 general dependent study in the UK.
I mean, can they take up full time education (Masters), or do they need to study Part-time.

Can someone please advice.

Thanks,
Pradeep

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Can Tier 1 General Dependent Study

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue May 18, 2010 2:10 pm

pradeep21 wrote:Hi,

Can Tier 1 general dependent study in the UK.
I mean, can they take up full time education (Masters), or do they need to study Part-time.

Can someone please advice.

Thanks,
Pradeep
Yes.

Your dependant can study full time and work full time at the same time. The HO website info has all the info you need- take time and read through mate.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

pradeep21
Newly Registered

Post by pradeep21 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:14 am

HI,

Its mentioned no where in the Policy guidance that a Tier 1 dependent cannot study (not even mentioned that they can study).

I would like to know if someone has done their Masters while on Tier 1 dependent visa.

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed May 19, 2010 10:26 am

Good question !

My understanding is Tier 1 dependent restrictions are the same as Tier 1 Main applicant.. Anyone who wants to study full time should be on Tier 4 ..

Plz correct me if I'm wrong !

layman

Post by layman » Wed May 19, 2010 11:58 pm

would be pretty odd if a dependant can work full time but not study full time.

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:10 pm

5. I have some other type of visa, can I study at UEL?

If you are in the UK on some other type of visa, whether you can study at UEL will depend on the visa you have.

If you have a visa as the dependant or spouse of someone legally in the UK (ie: PBS dependant, spouse visa or EEA family permit), you can study. You can normally study full or part time. However, you must be aware that your stay in the UK is dependant on the person that you are the relevant family member of. If your relevant family member leaves the UK, if your relationship ends or you are not able to extend your stay in the same or other some other categories -your stay in the UK will no longer be valid, and you may not be able to continue your studies or you may have to apply for a Tier 4 visa in your home country.

If you have a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa, you can study full or part time. However, you must be careful to ensure that you can finish your studies within the existing time on your visa. You cannot switch to Tier 4 student visa in the UK if you are already in the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa. If your course ends after your Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa expires, you will have to apply for a Tier 4 visa from your home country.

NOTE: You cannot study part time on a Tier 4 student visa.