ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Refusal : Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaq
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa Refusal : Help

Post by zaq » Tue May 18, 2010 7:45 pm

hI, I have recently had a settlement visa refused for my wife. One of the reasons given was that we did not provide detail on the fact that we intend to live together and where, although my address in uk was entered on form and marriage cert supplied. For an appeal or new application what information do i have to supply. Any feedback would be appreciated.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 pm

You would have to give more info for pple here to help you, can you quote all the reasons for refusal.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue May 18, 2010 8:25 pm

zaq, just on the issue of accommodation, you need to show that you are entitled to live at the address you have given (i.e. you own the property or you rent it, or the owner otherwise consents to your living there), and in some circumstances you need to show that the property will not become overcrowded if you and your wife live there together.

That normally means supplying office copy entries from the Land Registry and an up to date mortgage statement (if you own the place), or a tenancy agreement in your name (if you rent). It can also help to send official post (e.g. council tax or utilities bills) addressed to you at the property, if you have already been living there for a while.

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Tue May 18, 2010 8:43 pm

zaq

its not sufficient just to put your address on the form you need to show that you have the right to live at that property.

as stated above land reg docs, tenancy or letter from parents if living with parents.

you could try to appeal and submit the further documents and ask them to reconsider their decision.

zaq
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa Refusal : Help

Post by zaq » Wed May 19, 2010 9:47 pm

zaq wrote:hI, I have recently had a settlement visa refused for my wife. One of the reasons given was that we did not provide detail on the fact that we intend to live together and where, although my address in uk was entered on form and marriage cert supplied. For an appeal or new application what information do i have to supply. Any feedback would be appreciated.

KAL1
Newly Registered

Post by KAL1 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:29 am

Hi, this is my first post on the board.

My husband had his settlement visa granted on Tuesday and is coming to UK at weekend. I rent my home from the local Housing Association and I sent a full photocopy of the whole tenancy agreement along with my husbands application. I highlighted two relevant sections in pink highlighter pen; It stated that up to 4 people can live in my property at any given time, there is currently only myself and two sons. Secondly, I drew to their attention the clause which stated should I die (being the sole tenant) my tenancy would automatically pass to my spouse. I would sugest you let them a full copy of any tenancy agreement, (or office copy entries which can obtain from the land Registry website, if you own the property), and read through it carefully, and highlight any clauses that may strengthen your application. Good luck!