ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for child born abroad to UK father with ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alpharulez
Newly Registered

Citizenship for child born abroad to UK father with ILR

Post by alpharulez » Thu May 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi everybody,

We are looking to start a family but the spouse feels it best if she had the pregnancy in India. I am settled in the UK (ILR) and my wife does not have ILR or UK citizenship.

So my query -
- Is my child eligible for UK citizenship if born outside the UK and at the time of birth I am settled in the UK?
- How do I apply for a passport for my child / Register it and then bring them to the UK?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Regards,

A

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Thu May 20, 2010 9:37 pm

- Is my child eligible for UK citizenship if born outside the UK and at the time of birth I am settled in the UK? If the chuld is born abroad he is not automactially entitled to British Citizenship

- How do I apply for a passport for my child / Register it and then bring them to the UK? He might need to apply for a dependant visa[/b]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.