ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Yeepiee!! got the Visa... but still need help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

npanglia

Yeepiee!! got the Visa... but still need help

Post by npanglia » Sat May 22, 2010 9:01 am

Hi
FInally got my Tier 1 Visa today.
Applied on 26th April for me and my dependent. Took exactly 4 weeks to get the visa. Applied from VFS Delhi.

Thanks a lot to this forum, really owe a lot to this forum.

But still need help. I have asked for my date of travel to be 1st July, however they have issued me a visa from today onwards.
Since I have to put down my papers, my company won't release me within next 28 days, which implies I will have to go for second extension as well which I want to avoid. (You never what the rules will be 5 yrs from now).

Hence please suggest how can I get back to UKBA to extend my visa start date. Is it advisable? I am clueless about the procedure. Please advice.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Yeepiee!! got the Visa... but still need help

Post by pkumar » Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 am

my friend applied to renew the date .. it took more than 1 month ... also he was told to submit all the paperwork again since it requires cancelling old visa and issuing new .... it is complex (though it should be simple ... but i guess audit and paperwork for UKBA might be issue) .... this happened in india ....

Remember this is peak season ... it is possible you will go on for waiting for long time ... it's up to you ...

ypkr
Newly Registered

Post by ypkr » Sun May 23, 2010 4:24 am

If your worry is only about PR after 5 yrs, then you do not need to worry much. As per current PR rules, a person should not stay outside UK for more than 180 days to apply for PR.
So, I don't think this would create any problem, entering 1 month late from your entry date.