ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR req HSMP JR: Unemployed, now working but < 3 mths???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hyper_kid
Newly Registered

ILR req HSMP JR: Unemployed, now working but < 3 mths???

Post by hyper_kid » Sat May 22, 2010 9:37 am

Dear All,

My Situation is as follow:

- Was studying in the UK, applied for HSMP while in the UK, and got it Oct 04.

- Renewed once for 3 years, then Home Office changed rules, and I needed to wait for 5 yrs for ILR, so had to extend again in Oct 08, got 3 yrs Tier 1 (General).

- But thanks for the JR, in April 09 rules changed back for 4 yrs requirement to apply for ILR under my HSMP application dates. But I DIDNT REALIZE UNTIL SEPT 2009

- I had been working in the same investment bank throughout from Oct 2004 to June 2009, when I was made redundant due to the recession.
But as you saw above, I only realized that I could apply for the ILR, was when I was unemployed.

- I was unemployed but actively looking for work from June 2009 to April 2010

- Now I have a job as consultant on a contract basis, getting paid 25/hr but for less than 3 months - So that means I'm currently economically active

- and have a bit of saving in my bank account less than 5k but its a new bank account as well (less than 3 months) as I was unhappy with the last bank

- I have booked an appointment for an in-person ILR application in June 9th

My question is, would I still be able to get the ILR even with my employment break (Jun 09-April 10), now I'm working but I dont have 3 months of pay slips to show...

I do have my annual tax fillings, a job (hence, I'm economically active when applying) and other a bit of saving in my bank account...

I have an in-person appointment for June 5th to apply for ILR. I'm just concerned I'm going to waste my time and money by not having this last 3 months pay slips to show, even though I do have a job now..

Could you advise on that please???

Many thanks and regards.

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Mon May 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Since you are in employment now you are good to go and need not to worry.

All they see is if you are supporting yourself on your own without relying on someone else or not.

It needs not to be strictly 6 months of active employment.

You can show your present emplyment documents whatever it may be and that should be sufficient.

Keep us updated with your case as mine is also something similar.

Idea

Post by Idea » Mon May 31, 2010 5:58 pm

Just sharing the experience of my friend...she was not working for more than a year in between but was working for around 6 mths when she applied-and she got ilr

hyper_kid
Newly Registered

Post by hyper_kid » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi Guys, just an update on my situation. I was given the ILR visa today at Croydon!! It took about an hour just with the case worker, and she didnt speak to me much at all. Was quite nerve-wracking, but she was professional and gave me the visa so what else could I ask for!!

anyway best of luck for all of you!!

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 am

hyper_kid wrote:Hi Guys, just an update on my situation. I was given the ILR visa today at Croydon!! It took about an hour just with the case worker, and she didnt speak to me much at all. Was quite nerve-wracking, but she was professional and gave me the visa so what else could I ask for!!

anyway best of luck for all of you!!
congrats!

I think you will now qualify to apply for British citizenship as your ILR would have been back dated - bonus of being a HSMP JR!