ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Land Registry Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Q4sim

Land Registry Documents

Post by Q4sim » Sat May 22, 2010 10:20 am

Hey everyone,

Do I need to provide Land Registry documents for a spouse visa if the house is on my dads name? I guess it would just emphasise that and will do no harm right?

Thanks in advance

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Yes you will need it to prove that your father owns the house. You can download it for £8 from uk land registry website

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat May 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Can you please say which site you are referring to, there are several and most charge more than £8.
Many thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat May 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I note this site
https://www.landregistry.gov.uk and it charges £4 for a copy of the titie in the Register.
It says however that this is not a guaranteed copy.

Is this copy enough for UKBA?

I have a copy anyway as the original is with the bank.

My daughter who is my dependent and coudnt apply with me a month ago, is now applying for ILR , she is applying on SET F forms, which ask for evidence of residence.

Thanks
Best regards

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat May 22, 2010 11:56 pm

What if I provide mortgage statements and a letter from the bank stating that my father took out a mortage with them so many years ago?
Would I still need land registry documents?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sun May 23, 2010 6:00 pm

batleykhan has already adviced you what to do.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 pm

Thank you very much Batleykhan and everyone for your help.
I'm going to get the Land Registry documents now :)

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon May 24, 2010 6:59 pm

If I do not include this document how will it effect my application?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon May 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Q4sim wrote:If I do not include this document how will it effect my application?
Cant tell you that. I aint the caseworker. :P

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue May 25, 2010 12:23 am

Q4sim wrote:If I do not include this document how will it effect my application?
Most likely to get refused as i assume that you are supposed to provide the proof that your dad owns the property and only titile deed of the property will ensure the ECO that your dad is the owner and this is where you intend to live with your wife.

By the way why you cant provide such document :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue May 25, 2010 12:52 am

Probaly he wants to carry out experiments with his application. :cry:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue May 25, 2010 10:46 am

mrlookforward wrote:Probaly he wants to carry out experiments with his application. :cry:
Well apparently it does look like that :twisted: :roll:
Not a good idea to skip vital bits of your application which constitute your overall application.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue May 25, 2010 2:22 pm

I DO want to include the Land Registry documents but there is a slight problem.
My parents got a mortgage over 20 years ago. When they did, they had someone help them get the mortgage. My dad has been paying the mortgage from the beginning and has proof of this.
However, when I checked the land registry document, it contains my parents names as well as this other person.
My dad is going to contact a solicitor to get advice on how to remove the name from this document as they have never had anything to do with the house.
What would be the best thing to do?
We also haven't had contact with this person for approximately 20 years so finding them will be quite difficult.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue May 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Q4sim wrote:I DO want to include the Land Registry documents but there is a slight problem.
My parents got a mortgage over 20 years ago. When they did, they had someone help them get the mortgage. My dad has been paying the mortgage from the beginning and has proof of this.
However, when I checked the land registry document, it contains my parents names as well as this other person.
My dad is going to contact a solicitor to get advice on how to remove the name from this document as they have never had anything to do with the house.
What would be the best thing to do?
We also haven't had contact with this person for approximately 20 years so finding them will be quite difficult.
We also haven't had contact with this person for approximately 20 years so finding them will be quite difficult
:shock:

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue May 25, 2010 5:56 pm

My head is spinning. This forum is becoming like...................... I dont know what, strange, spooky :?: :!: :roll: :? :x :oops:

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue May 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Well, I have decided to include the document and just explain everything. Afterall, we have nothing to hide :)

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue May 25, 2010 8:54 pm

gidoc wrote:I note this site
https://www.landregistry.gov.uk and it charges £4 for a copy of the titie in the Register.

I was also wondering if this copy is enough as it actually states on the downloaded version this is not a guaranteed copy. I'm assuming it's ok since people like batleykhan are advising we include this. £8 is for both register entry and title plan. Or is an original copy required?

Secondly there is a minor spelling mistake on the downloaded copy of the deeds. One letter is wrong in my father's first name. He is the joint owner of the property with my mother. By coincidence, or otherwise, the council's inspection letter (with no photos or measurements but it does state the property would not be overcrowded should my wife move in) also has the exact same error. Maybe the council check with the Land Registry?

Is this error significant enough to warrant refusal if everything else is fine? I can always get the council to correct the error on their letter but I'm thinking it may be a bit long-winded regarding the Land Registry. Obviously, other letters with my father's name on them i.e. utility bills/mortgage statement have his name spelt correctly.

Can anyone advise regarding these two questions? Thanks in advance.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed May 26, 2010 7:54 am

mrlookforward wrote:My head is spinning. This forum is becoming like...................... I dont know what, strange, spooky :?: :!: :roll: :? :x :oops:
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

hasarkhan
BANNED

Post by hasarkhan » Wed May 26, 2010 3:41 pm

corrado wrote:
gidoc wrote:I note this site

I was also wondering if this copy is enough as it actually states on the downloaded version this is not a guaranteed copy. I'm assuming it's ok since people like batleykhan are advising we include this. £8 is for both register entry and title plan. Or is an original copy required?

Secondly there is a minor spelling mistake on the downloaded copy of the deeds. One letter is wrong in my father's first name. He is the joint owner of the property with my mother. By coincidence, or otherwise, the council's inspection letter (with no photos or measurements but it does state the property would not be overcrowded should my wife move in) also has the exact same error. Maybe the council check with the Land Registry?

Is this error significant enough to warrant refusal if everything else is fine? I can always get the council to correct the error on their letter but I'm thinking it may be a bit long-winded regarding the Land Registry. Obviously, other letters with my father's name on them i.e. utility bills/mortgage statement have his name spelt correctly.

Can anyone advise regarding these two questions? Thanks in advance.
simple solution is provide your father mortgage statement plus utility bills to avoid all this complication.

Land registry is not mandatory but important.

Hasar